• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much of a premium are we talking for newsstand issues v/s direct editions?
10 10

1,113 posts in this topic

Just now, kav said:

I'm always open to learning!  

Being willing is key, other's you have my permission to say nut's to that and hit them with the pie!

Spoiler

ps and more importantly you don't need my permission :foryou: 

vtJGsLG.gif

7 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I do believe this topic became about the premium on post counts..

And yesterday I thought it was about noobs, it's a brave new world! Guess I'll pull up my knickers :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

as stated but not replied to, premiums on coppers is kind of whhhhhaaaaaahhhh

i prefer moderns, if it is copper then if its affordable i'm all for it :) 

I got coppers up the yin yang-they dont seem to be worth squat.  Miracleman, watchmen, Zot, Nexus etc etc etc

2 minutes ago, kav said:

I got coppers up the yin yang-they dont seem to be worth squat.  Miracleman, watchmen, Zot, Nexus etc etc etc

ya with the glut of coppers it's nice to have a niche if any of them are newsstands, and there will be niche's within those newsstands....

i'm still too new to know the extant 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya with the glut of coppers it's nice to have a niche if any of them are newsstands, and there will be niche's within those newsstands....

i'm still too new to know the extant 

We got a newb over here folks!!  let's get started!!

here come the pies!

tenor.gif

This is not a pie.

It is a plate full of whipped cream.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

This is not a pie.

It is a plate full of whipped cream.

best kind of pie, i got it so rarely, i ate it out of the bucket....

oh and ahem @Newsstand1979 have anything to add?

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

best kind of pie, i got it so rarely, i ate it out of the bucket....

oh and ahem @Newsstand1979 have anything to add?

giphy.gif

I understand where they got coconut from on the island but where TF did the cream come from??????

1 minute ago, kav said:

I understand where they got coconut from on the island but where TF did the cream come from??????

lol interesting! i haven't watched that episode in forever though, we bought escape from giligan's island last weekend though, so it's on my mind :sorry: 

lol interesting! i haven't watched that episode in forever though, we bought escape from giligan's island last weekend though, so it's on my mind :sorry: 

Most episodes used one of five recurring plots:

• Life on the island. A running gag is the castaways' ability to fashion a vast array of useful objects from bamboo and other local material. Some are simple everyday things, while others are stretches of the imagination. Russell Johnson noted in his autobiography that the production crew enjoyed the challenge of building these props. These bamboo items include framed huts with thatched grass sides and roofs, along with bamboo closets strong enough to withstand hurricane-force winds and rain; the communal dining table and chairs, pipes for Gilligan's hot water, a stethoscope, and a pedal-powered car.
  • Visitors to the uncharted island. One challenge to a viewer's suspension of disbelief is the remarkable frequency with which the island is visited by an assortment of people who repeatedly fail to assist the castaways in leaving the island.
  • Dream sequences in which one of the castaways dreams he or she is some character related to that week's storyline. All of the castaways appeared as other characters within the dream. In later interviews and memoirs, nearly all of the actors stated that the dream episodes were among their personal favorites.
  • A piece of news concerning the castaways arrives from the outside world and causes discord among them.
  • The appearance or arrival of strange objects, such as a World War II mine, a crate of radioactive vegetable seeds, or a "Mars Rover" that the scientists back in the United States think is sending them pictures of Mars.