• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much of a premium are we talking for newsstand issues v/s direct editions?
10 10

1,113 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

No "bad day" here, and nothing to recant. :foryou: Having a great time. :cloud9: I would say bad day's what, but...you know. lol Perhaps @Buzzetta would understand, perhaps he wouldn't...but I'm sure being summoned over and over again isn't fun for him. :whee:

Poor Buzz.... :ohnoez:

RIght!! I'm just using the buzz words thrown around, I have no clue what they mean :shy: so far I haven't been asked to sit on the porch. I just want you to LIGHTEN UP! goes for me too btw! :banana: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Is this thread an example of the now calmer (in other words, far suckier) CGC boards or the old not calm (AWESOME!)  CGC boards? 

And  @RockMyAmadeus the noob needs some Soothing Relief.

Edited by Jeffro™

1 hour ago, paqart said:

Thanks for making my decision for me. I'll be cancelling my CGC account and go elsewhere for grading. 

Can I suggest exercising a little inner strength? i.e. ignore function. 

9 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:

Is this thread an example of the now calmer CGC boards or the old not calm (in other words, far suckier) CGC boards? 

Could be. This had an "I'm taking my ball and going home" moment, so yeah, could be.

29 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:

Is this thread an example of the now calmer (in other words, far suckier) CGC boards or the old not calm (AWESOME!)  CGC boards? 

Funny! How the person in question espoused this kind of behavior as error not too long ago....

2 hours ago, paqart said:

That's one thing that Nobel has on you on in spades. His posts are fun to read and inspiring.

For the intelligent and knowledgeable, his posts are extremely frustrating to read and not fun at all. I imagine what could be if somebody with that much enthusiasm for the subject made a site that wasn't so full of garbage and almost cry.

2 hours ago, paqart said:

Thanks for making my decision for me. I'll be cancelling my CGC account and go elsewhere for grading. 

I guess you haven't seen the kind of people the other guys allow on their boards. lol

42 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:

Is this thread an example of the now calmer CGC boards or the old not calm (in other words, far suckier) CGC boards? 

:cloud9:

I'll take a thousand blunt speakers of the truth over any slick huckster who expects to be taken at his or her word simply because they are (insert credential here) and is mortally offended that anyone would dare challenge him or her...and so should everyone else on this board. In the old days, they did, rather than scolding those who do the challenging.

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
42 minutes ago, Jeffro™ said:

Funny! How the person in question espoused this kind of behavior as error not too long ago....

Which person in question would that be, and what kind of behavior are you referring to....? :popcorn:

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

:cloud9:

I'll take a thousand blunt speakers of the truth over any slick know-it-all who expects to be taken at his or her word simply because they are (insert credential here) and is mortally offended that anyone would dare challenge him or her...and so should everyone else on this board. In the old days, they did, rather than scolding those who do the challenging.

Which person in question would that be, and what kind of behavior are you referring to....? :popcorn:

The TRUTH in LOVE is a credible thing..... that is all :) 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The TRUTH in LOVE is a credible thing..... that is all :) 

Sure, and that's a perfectly noble goal (pun not even remotely intended.)

What is far more common, however, is the "truth" in "socially acceptable language that is completely politically correct and is designed never to offend any possible person at any time, even if what they're saying is, itself, wildly offensive, and ought to be challenged." What's more important? Form? Or substance?

I genuinely wish you would see this, because I appreciate your earnestness. 

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Sure, and that's a perfectly noble goal (pun not even remotely intended.)

What is far more common, however, is the "truth" in "socially acceptable language that is completely politically correct and is designed never to offend any possible person at any time, even if what they're saying is, itself, wildly offensive, and ought to be challenged." What's more important? Form? Or substance?

I genuinely wish you would see this, because I appreciate your earnestness. 

:) Your passionate I get it, I would be too, your contribution is wanted and credited. It's just when someone gives you an "out", then take it. Not to get political, but a kind word turns away wrath..... a wise man say....

I was just trying to offer a truce, now I feel it is taken, while for a second the white neutral flag was ignored. 

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You have a very, VERY high opinion of yourself. That's good. At least someone does.

these kind of hurtful words are not very productive in a conversation.:preach: