• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This community

67 posts in this topic

I was in a pretty terrible wreck on my way home from Doug's (Dscott) after Wizard World New Orleans.

This post is not asking for pity, but rather thanking those inside this community for their support. I woke up on Tuesday to texts from just about everyone in this community that had my phone number, and Facebook messages from those that did not. Words cannot describe how appreciative I am of everyone taking time out of their day to send me well wishes. To this day (9 days later) there are still people, that I have considered friends for years, who live 10 minutes away who have not visited me, let alone text me, yet these people that I see every couple of months made sure to wish me their best and offer to help in whatever ways they can.

I know we bicker and argue about dumb things far too often, but to me it just means a lot to know that when it matters people will come together and hope for the best.

And for those of you curious, I am home but I am banged up pretty badly. Doug decided for my sake to not go to Kansas City in a few weeks, big thanks to JJ taking care of our books there for us so that I can get an extra week to heal. I still cannot walk without a walker (yes every single person I know has made the walker joke) but my physical therapist says I am recovering faster than he had hoped. I will be seeing a lot of you at MegaCon in a few weeks, where I will not be doing any heavy lifting, just showing a new guy the ropes of being a CAW for Doug (and taking the mental beating that it entails.)

I also want to throw out a big shoutout to Doug, who has gone above and beyond in helping my recovery. He and his wife visited me every day in the hospital and he went to my apartment (as I am staying with my parents) to get my eBay things that needed to be shipped. Doug also got a lot of or friends together the other night to do some magic drafts (of which he paid for all of the packs) and brought them over to my house to give me some entertainment and a break from sleeping all the time. Not only have they been huge in supporting me but his wife is also helping me with the legal side of this accident. I honestly cannot thank either of them enough, as I would be lost on the legal side of things, and Doug has been a huge help in giving me things to do. I am typing this right now on Doug's laptop that he let me borrow to play games on since I only have a desktop and iPad and sitting in a non-recliner is quite painful.

If there is any terrible grammar I do apologize but these pain pills are thankfully quite strong.

TL;DR: I got in a car wreck and I wanted to thank the community for going out of their way to send me their support.

I noticed Doug posting that he had to cancel a con appearance in order to help out a friend, but I had no idea it was a member of the boards or any details about an accident. Very happy to read that you're recovering and doing well, and not in the least surprised to hear about Doug's involvement, just more evidence of what a good guy he is. I wish you a continued speedy recovery and that the legal stuff works out for you.

James we all know that you are what holds that team together, get better soon buddy. I had no idea or I would have said something sooner. I guess I haven't been paying attention around here. Pulling for ya bud! :thumbsup:

I noticed Doug posting that he had to cancel a con appearance in order to help out a friend, but I had no idea it was a member of the boards or any details about an accident. Very happy to read that you're recovering and doing well, and not in the least surprised to hear about Doug's involvement, just more evidence of what a good guy he is. I wish you a continued speedy recovery and that the legal stuff works out for you.

Yeah I was talking about Magic: the Gathering. Playing and traveling for that is how Doug and I met and became friends.

+1

Glad you are recovering well and hope your recovery maintains its quick pace. As for Doug, like HCE said, not surprised at all that he is there to the rescue. Gotta say it really is an amazing community we have here.