• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Birthday poster

21 posts in this topic

I made this poster for my cousin's birthday which is this month. Has a lot of the books that came out that month many moons ago. Printed it on nice thicker poster paper and it came out very nice, I think he'll love it.

Since discovering the Newsstand data base I decided to get every issue from my birthday month, Dec 67 - no major keys in there and I already have the Marvels and some DC

k14cjn.jpg

Your poster inspired me to start on a new collection. I looked at my wallet and reached for it as my wallet suddenly sprouted a hand and lifted its middle finger to me as it said, "Don't even think of it."

Stoooopid wallet.

Nice link! Although the link freaked me out! Looked up my birth month and year and knew I'd have the issue of ASM (#36 ...yeah. I'm old!) but was shocked to see Superman #185 on there. I may have 2-3 silver age Supes books tops, and they're completely random and this happens to be one of them. Kind of freaky, huh?

Really cool! But I don't see any Richie Rich from that time? What's up with that? jk! Really really nice idea!

I did leave out quite a few covers! When did RR debut?

Little Dot #1 (1953) was his first debut. Harvey Hits #3 (1957) first book devoted to Richie Rich. Richie Rich #1 (1960) Richie Rich series debut.

I think what you are doing is fantastic! Keep up the good work!smiley-gen130.gif

bomber-bob had a great idea for birthday books! :cool:

My birthdate is January 9, hence I collect books with an issue number 09 that have the month as January.

My birth year is 1951 hence I try to find books from January, 1951.

Really cool! But I don't see any Richie Rich from that time? What's up with that? jk! Really really nice idea!

I did leave out quite a few covers! When did RR debut?

Little Dot #1 (1953) was his first debut. Harvey Hits #3 (1957) first book devoted to Richie Rich. Richie Rich #1 (1960) Richie Rich series debut.

I think what you are doing is fantastic! Keep up the good work!smiley-gen130.gif

There were 2 RR comics out that month. I guess I should have squeezed one in there being such a long running series that most people recognize.