• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Return of Rai

14 posts in this topic

Rai #0 CGC 9.9 Universal

Coming this Spring, Valiant Entertainment is bringing back Rai and adding him to their revamped universe. Along with X-O Manowar, Rai is one of my absolute favorite original Valiant characters. A futuristic Japanese samurai warrior empowered with nanite technology in his bloodstream boosting strength, agility, and healing powers....what's not to like?

Got this cool #0 issue with a 9.9 grade. The cover is a classic. Looking forward to new stories in 2014.

15182.jpg

See more journals by roninduelist

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with the 9.9 for Rai #0. But I also got an X-O Manowar #0 Gem Mint CGC 10 that will stay with me so long as I'm alive. Got to love those gems!

Are we long lost brothers? hm

I have the CGC 10 Rai #0 and a CGC 10 X-O Manowar #0. highfive.gif

I never got into the Valiant Universe, more than likely because I had mostly lost interest in comics when Valiant made its debut.

But the bio on Rai is pretty cool... and I have appreciated X-O Manowar's artwork for some time now... that I may pick up a TPB or two to test it out.

I always hear great things about Harbinger. So that will be another on my Radar.

Thanks for sharing... I might pick up Rai in the spring. I would be interested to know your opinions of the new volume once it's released. Maybe a follow-up journal?

SW3D

SW3D. Explore some of the titles in the Valiant Universe when you get the opportunity. Great stories and art.

Harbinger....they are working on bringing a live action movie.

X-O Manowar.....Conan in the most advanced alien sentient armor brought over to modern times.....on a revenge mission to kill his abductors

Eternal Warrior....and Rai...great stuff.

Old Valiant is definitely worth checking out. A superior read to most of the other comics coming out at that time.

I highly suggest Magnus Robot Fighter.