• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Experiences with BlackLineFever art?

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody here has dealt with

http://www.blacklinefever.com/

in the past?

I might be interested in a purchase from them but I would like to have some feedback first.

Thanks.

They are solid.

I've purchased several items from them over the last 10 years and never had a problem.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody here has dealt with

http://www.blacklinefever.com/

in the past?

I might be interested in a purchase from them but I would like to have some feedback first.

Thanks.

They are solid.

I've purchased several items from them over the last 10 years and never had a problem.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

thanks for the info.

Since I am located in Europe I feel a bit reluctant to send a cheque over to a PO Box address in LA.

Strange that they don't accept PayPal or Credit Cards.

Ok,

thanks for the opinions.

I emailed them and will see if we come to an agreement.

Are there any customers from Europe who have bought from this dealer?

How did the payment work out?

Sending over a check from Europe is rather complicated and expensive.

Plus if the check is gone it's gone.

Sounds like almost everyone has had a positive experience - mine wasn't negative they just never responded to repeated e-mails (I think I sent 3 or 4 enquiring whether a piece was available). Not been back there since. Best,

Royd

I've always thought of BLF as just another extension of Glenn's hobby in comics. Not just a collector of comics and artwork himself, he also has been a publisher, commissioned a lot of personal work directly from artists, and then became involved in helping certain artists sell their work. He combined that with selling pieces from his own collection as it has evolved, and so it has gone for what 15-20 years now?

I've never heard a single horror story involving Black Line in all that time. What I do think is that it is a part time thing for those cats. It seems like they dabble in art sales, rather than a straight ahead business. I bought some stuff from them in the very early years and I had to mail a cashier's check, because that is how it was done back in the day. More recently, Glenn bought several pieces of art for his own collection from me, and they paid with a BLF "company" check from presumably the same account my payment to them was deposited in way back when. They've always been dodgy on the responsiveness via email, but they've also always been 100% true to their word? the money always goes through, and the art ships AFAIK.

They certainly aren't on the ball like Anthony, or Burkey, and they aren't terribly outgoing, social or communicative, but if you paid for work, I'm sure it'll get to you. You don't stay in the comic art game this long without hearing all the dirty stories about folks at some point or other. And other than being a bit old school and antisocial, the BLF guys are solid cats.

Ok,

thanks for the opinions.

I emailed them and will see if we come to an agreement.

Are there any customers from Europe who have bought from this dealer?

How did the payment work out?

Sending over a check from Europe is rather complicated and expensive.

Plus if the check is gone it's gone.

They accept wire transfer from your bank account.

Good experiences only

They attend SDCC most years - owner is a rather famous musician - hard rock genre

Mark,

As you know, it is Glenn Danzig. I would classify his music with Danzig as heavy metal, not hard rock. Regardless, I have always had good transactions with him at the SDCC. While I cannot speak to his payment methods, I would definitely recommend him as a previous buyer. He may not respond to e-mails due to his being on the road with his band.

Ciao!

PRC