• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just finished IC #6... <spoilers>

412 posts in this topic

Well I hope when it's all over, Batman kicks Zatanna's rear end for mind whiping him mad.gif

Before the ending gets spoilt, I gotta get my Bizarro fan-boy alternative solution out there. Consider this the Earth-One (pre-Crisis) version. And no, I don't think this is really the answer. screwy.gif

It's Alfred.

The butler really did do it.

He's the last person to speak to Sue alive (over the phone)

He's become his alternate identity of The Outsider again (from Detective Comics in the mid-300's)

When he was the Outsider, he managed to bring Zatanna under his control. One of the very first ret-cons, revealed in the original Justice League 51.

So Zatanna under the control of Alfred/Outsider killed Sue, attacked Jean, did all the rest, and has magically planted all the contradictory evidence and altered anyone's memories that don't fit with this theory.

I thank you. acclaim.gifyay.gif

Well, there we go... finally a definitive answer about the eye color question:

http://www.bradmeltzer.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi?pg=next&topic=5&page=497

This is why I've been having trouble with IC. As I've said a number of times, the potential for extremely misleading visual clues (miscues between writer and artist) is high.

At least now we can drop a lot of the errant theories and get back on track! 893applaud-thumb.gif

the potential for extremely misleading visual clues (miscues between writer and artist) is high.

I would think that there are fewer pencilling and inking miscues than you would normally expect in a regular comic.

the potential for extremely misleading visual clues (miscues between writer and artist) is high.

Meltzer and Rags did communicate frequently (as far as I know) about the art (as did Rags and Bair), so I would think that there are fewer pencilling and inking miscues than you would normally expect in a regular comic.

Where the majority of the misclues are lie with the coloring, the last step in the process.

Having said that, the series itself is all about misdirection.

Yeah, but as I said earlier in the thread, Sue's clothes were in tatters... and I'm just not sure how that happens when someone is "merely" having a seizure. I'm not just talking out my [#@$%!!!] on this... I mean, my brother (like myself) is a diabetic, and I've never seen him tear his clothes even during his most violent of seizures.

Now, that's a seemingly petty detail... but it does occur in a very crucial moment in the story, and I think the interpretation of the scene would be much different without the shredded clothing.

There's a number of little things like that... minor annoyances, I suppose... but when you're dealing in a medium like this, with a story like this, I feel the writer and the artist must be INCREDIBLY careful not to leave in VISUAL "red herrings" if they are not specifically intended to be there. (Consider the two different soles of Captain Boomerang's shoes when he launches his assault on the Drake household.)

but when you're dealing in a medium like this, with a story like this, I feel the writer and the artist must be INCREDIBLY careful not to leave in VISUAL "red herrings" if they are not specifically intended to be there.

I suspect this will always be a problem with these types of stories (unless, of course, Alan Moore is writing the tale. His attention to detail in scripts is unmatched and just more proof that he is the greatest writer the medium will ever see. grin.gif).