• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just finished IC #6... <spoilers>

412 posts in this topic

... whoa! Heavy duty stuff.

So Marvel has Scarlet Witch go bad, and now DC has Atom?

And the Batman was mind wiped. Loved that interchange between Ollie and Wally: "You think he hasn't done the same to us?"

Such a great series 893applaud-thumb.gif

Well, I find it hard to believe that it was the Atom, even though all evidence points to him being the killer. I guess you have to ask yourself what did he have to gain by Sue's death? Reunion with Jean Loring his ex-wife is about all.

And Batman being mindwiped... he better not find out is all I can say.

And what was that little scene with Dr. Light? And Ollie with Deathstroke's mask?

Dr. Light is reflecting on all his "new" old memories. Deathstroke is telling Ollie that thier fight isnt over (remember Ollie sticking him in the eye in issue 3), that seems pretty obvious. It was interesting that Batman was mind wiped. I still dont see what Atom had to gain by killing Sue. I just hope issue 7 isnt the let down they usually are. If your going to make Atom the killer, it should be him and not under the control of someone else.

Dr. Light is reflecting on all his "new" old memories. Deathstroke is telling Ollie that thier fight isnt over (remember Ollie sticking him in the eye in issue 3), that seems pretty obvious. It was interesting that Batman was mind wiped. I still dont see what Atom had to gain by killing Sue. I just hope issue 7 isnt the let down they usually are. If your going to make Atom the killer, it should be him and not under the control of someone else.

Let us not forget that in the opening of IC we saw Luthor's suit being transported/delivered to SOMEONE... and that was never addressed. Now, let's go back to the earlier notions that someone was using OTHER villain's technologies to commit these crimes... why couldn't someone be using the heroes' technologies for the same reason?

...or it could just be the Martian Manhunter.

(But that's just way too obvious.)

Motive?

It's tough to come up with one I'll admit, but here goes:

First off, I think Jean herself was mindwiped. Back in the day, I know Jean had some stories where she went a bit crazy and had some schizo bouts.

We already know that the Justice League WOULD mindwipe one of their own because they did so to one of the three icons in the DCU and a founding JLA member, Batman.

I think after one of these bouts, either at the request of Ray or because of some other reason, Jean was mind wiped. Now, I think Sue Dibny was present at this mind wiping, and probably did nothing about it. Why kill Sue, why not directly attack the heroes? I think it has something to do with Jean's outlook on relationships and heroes. Perhaps she was jealous of the happiness Ralph and Sue had... who knows. The motive may not even be supplied yet. If it's the Atom, his motive hasn't been supplied yet either.

The Calculator is another possibility, and although he has motive, he's just boring to make the villian.

The Atom has been a narrator in IC, so it seems unlikely we'd be allowed into his thoughts, without him being the killer. Why focus on Jean and Ray unless one of them plays an incredibly important role? Why make a point of telling us she got half the patents? She has the means and opportunity, but motive is tough. I think this whole get back with Ray thing is just meant as a distraction to keep Ray off balance.

The fallout would be HUGE to make Jean the killer, one of their own, who they had mind wiped. Much like it will be with Batman, it shows how the actions the heroes took have lasting impact. I think Batman will remember his mind wipe and it will have some serious ramifications in the years to come.

And I think we're not done with the attempts on the lives of the spouses.... yet.

What if it was Zatana behind it all, mind-wiping all these people? confused.gif

...whoever it is, I'm sticking with my original guess - DOOMSDAY! insane.gif

What if it was the whole crew behind the original mindwipe?

What if it was Zatana behind it all, mind-wiping all these people? confused.gif

...whoever it is, I'm sticking with my original guess - DOOMSDAY! insane.gif

Then we could have Zatanna & Scarlet Witch star in a one-shot, cross-company throw-down in a big steel cage full of jell-o to see who is the supreme, magical hero-killer.

mad.gif

Not funny!

sumo.gif

No its not but the biggest twist of all would be to have sue fake her death! Maybey they mindwiped Sue to forget the rape! She later recovers memories and gets pissed. Using technologies at her disposal she causes havok.

It was her buying the Luthor Armour at begining!

mad.gif

Not funny!

sumo.gif

No its not but the biggest twist of all would be to have sue fake her death! Maybey they mindwiped Sue to forget the rape! She later recovers memories and gets pissed. Using technologies at her disposal she causes havok.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You had me until you spelled "armor" with a "u" 27_laughing.gif

OMG.....I'm so freaken Happy Batman wasn't part of that insane [#@$%!!!] 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

I'm very amazed Zantana would even agree to do that to Batman, a long time friend in the first place. I can't wait to see what happens when Batman finds out 893whatthe.gif As for who I think did it, I'm leaning towards all three: Jean, Sue & Ray 893whatthe.gif I know it's a bit to many but it fits in my mind grin.gif

Seriously though...Marvel with Scarlet Witch & D.C. with Zatana?... Connection?

Interesting - Scarlet Witch alters the physical while going mental while Zatanna alters the mental while getting physical.

Zatanna is going to be a big part of Morrison's 7 Soldiers of Victory next year, so I doubt she's the killer.

While the Atom is pretty rarely used (he showed up twice in 1995!) I don't think he's the villain either. It's a red herring for next issue, where we get to meet the real killer. Making the Atom the killer just so he could get back together with his wife seem kind of dumb to me. Why kill Robin's dad? Or set up Boomerang to take the fall like that? It's on the level of making Grayson the villain in Dark Knight Strikes Again.

It could be Jean Loring, but how did she benefit? By getting Ray back? If that's what she wanted then all she had to do was call him on the phone and he would have been in her bed naked in seconds. Killing Sue would be meaningless to Jean, unless there is another undisclosed event in their collective pasts that will be revealed in #7. And that would mean she faked her own attempted murder. That would suck immensely.

In all honesty, I think someone wants the heroes to think that it's the Atom. They look like footprints and everyone automatically assumes that it is Ray. Shrinking powers can be imitated, or the mini-footprints could be planted there by some other means (a laser? nanobots?).

mad.gif

Not funny!

sumo.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You had me until you spelled "armor" with a "u" 27_laughing.gif

He lost me when he spelled "havok" with a "k". 27_laughing.gif