• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey Into Mystery 83. What did CGC say?(UPDATED WITH CORRECT BACK COVER)

33 posts in this topic

Too much wear and large creases going through cover to make it to 4.0 for me.

Large Creases? ummm....I see a few light indentations a couple places with color rub, and maybe one very light crease looking closely....but there are certainly no large creases.

Thanks so much for your guesses everyone!! :whee:CGC graded this 3.5, and there must be something going on inside the book because the front and back cover look better than some of my 4.0 books and even better than one of my 5.0 books. There definitely is some wear, but the spine is pretty tight with no more than 1/4 inch ticks. There is some browning around the edges that may have affected the grade. But overall it looks great to me for a 3.5

Large Creases? ummm....I see a few light indentations a couple places with color rub, and maybe one very light crease looking closely....but there are certainly no large creases.

Thanks so much for your guesses everyone!! :whee:CGC graded this 3.5, and there must be something going on inside the book because the front and back cover look better than some of my 4.0 books and even better than one of my 5.0 books. There definitely is some wear, but the spine is pretty tight with no more than 1/4 inch ticks. There is some browning around the edges that may have affected the grade. But overall it looks great to me for a 3.5

I see a diagonal lightly color-breaking crease running from Thor's left arm through his upper thigh and into his cape, and another one going from the the middle right edge up through the stone men. Add in the color breaking dimple creases on the right upper side, the rubs, the tanning, the paper loss at the bottom, the rough edge at the top left, the corner abrasions, the vertical as well as horizontal wear at the spine and you have a solid but well read copy.

My initial guess was 3.5 until I saw the piece missing on the back cover. Then I dropped it to 2.0/2.5

I didn't see the updated back cover until now.

3.0 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

It's a nice looking copy but the combination of stress lines, overall wear and missing pieces on the back cover are how I arrived at my grade!

With the revised back cover images I'd bump the grade by .5 to 3.5. There is still too much cover wear IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

hahah.....cream/off-white...so yeah. I got a wide variety of grades on this one, from 3.0 to 5.5. I still think those "creases" are practically negligible in hand, but maybe I'm used to the fat apparent creases I usually see on low grade comics.