• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 300

15 posts in this topic

7.0/7.5

That corner on the front cover is really the thing keeping it from going higher. Yes there are some spine tickets but it could be an 8.0/8.5 with better corners.

Thanks everyone! :applause:

My honest opinion regarding the missing corner is that it is part of a printing defect that is common with this issue. The edges are usually very ragged and lead to the corner missing. I have seen a 9.0 copy of this book with a missing corner piece, although not quite as significant as yours. Best of luck if you decide to get it CGC'd.

Keep us informed if you do please!smiley-gen130.gif

My honest opinion regarding the missing corner is that it is part of a printing defect that is common with this issue. The edges are usually very ragged and lead to the corner missing. I have seen a 9.0 copy of this book with a missing corner piece, although not quite as significant as yours. Best of luck if you decide to get it CGC'd.

Keep us informed if you do please!

Wow. And I thought you were off on the WDC&S . . . You are completely whacked on this one. A missing corner is not even in the realm of a printing defect. :sumo:

And btw, I hate your custom smilies too :roflmao:

I have to agree with Divad on this. This book is known to have a few printing problems. But a missing corner isn't one of those issues for dang sure. This being said after seeing hundreds or a thousand copies of this book.I'd be rather miffed if I received this book as a 7.0

Wow. And I thought you were off on the WDC&S . . . You are completely whacked on this one. A missing corner is not even in the realm of a printing defect. :sumo:

I emphasize that I don't know ASM300 well but I can attest to missing corners being a printing defect on some books. Going to the Golden Age, most Suspense 3s have problems with their upper-right-hand corners.

I emphasize that I don't know ASM300 well but I can attest to missing corners being a printing defect on some books. Going to the Golden Age, most Suspense 3s have problems with their upper-right-hand corners.

Which means only that it may be a common defect with that issue, but not necessarily a "printing" defect. The context here (as to CGC) is that a defect is so prevalent in an issue that it is presumed to be a production error, and therefore no deduction from the grade is made due to its presence.

When's the operation divad? :(