• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anthony Castrillo thread shut down

154 posts in this topic

:banana: Only one person left owed refunds (for two of his three commissions). I wish we could have gotten to him as well, but I don't know how to do it now. :(

I'm here!

I know you are man. I wish there was something I could do to get you what you're owed, but I'm stymied.

hm

dang so close. Offer private commissions here on the boards (through pm's to past buyers, no money up front)?

I'm in for that.

It's been a lot harder to find folks who want something other than SS covers.

Maybe have him submit them himself at a show? Maybe lower the price point?

straight up ebay auctions? may not get the best price in every case, but if people are owed money still, it might make sense for him to just keep cranking them out til everyone is repaid.

All of that is dependent on his submitting himself at a show, which, even if it happens, is a major, probably months-long bottleneck.

Last I heard from him was 4/19. I still want my cover but I'm starting to wish I had just gotten on the refund train before CGC derailed it :(

I am in the same boat, when AC got his strike, communications with him broke down again.

I am back to wondering whether or not he is working on my cover or if I am just left in the lurch (shrug)

CGC didnt help as I am sure Dan was gonna succeed in finishing this once and for all.

Maybe should have went for the refund when the chance was there :cry:

I am back to wondering whether or not he is working on my cover
lol Yeah right

Well the last thing he said to me was that he was gonna work on it.

You know man, I have gotta keep the faith and believe, as tough as that is :(

I am finally caught up with AC. No money or art floating in the breeze anymore.

I want to give another BIG THANKS to SPEEDY_D , a strong pillar in our little community here. Without Dan, I probably would have been looking at close to a 1K loss and he has bent over backwards to make several of us whole on this clustermuck.

I am finally caught up with AC. No money or art floating in the breeze anymore.

I want to give another BIG THANKS to SPEEDY_D , a strong pillar in our little community here. Without Dan, I probably would have been looking at close to a 1K loss and he has bent over backwards to make several of us whole on this clustermuck.

:applause:

Speedy would have had me sorted too if CGC hadnt spoilt it

Just to keep it "out there" for google. Anthony Castrillo stole from me also. $240.00.

His banning was long overdue. But I did not initiate it or ask for it. Because I wanted others he ripped off to have a chance at compensation.

Some did get things made right. (thanks to Speedy-D).

I will be posting something like this until the cows come home. You can bet on it, Anthony Castrillo.

Just to keep it "out there" for google. Anthony Castrillo stole from me also. $240.00.

His banning was long overdue. But I did not initiate it or ask for it. Because I wanted others he ripped off to have a chance at compensation.

Some did get things made right. (thanks to Speedy-D).

I will be posting something like this until the cows come home. You can bet on it, Anthony Castrillo.

Yeah I paid him $375 in 2012 for my commission, I should have taken the refund when Speedy was offering, but saw books getting done and waited :( big mistake

Speedy-D would have came through if CGC hadnt shut it down (tsk)

What's up folks? :hi:

So, I have a new scheme to get the final stuff finished up. As usual, it'll rely on new sales to get people refunds/pay for grading fees. If you're interested, email me at dgintis+castrillo@gmail.com. And if you know anyone else who could get into some sweet new Castrillo sketch covers, send them my way at the address above.

Thanks!! :foryou:

So, I have a new scheme to get the final stuff finished up. As usual, it'll rely on new sales to get people refunds/pay for grading fees. If you're interested, email me at dgintis+castrillo@gmail.com. And if you know anyone else who could get into some sweet new Castrillo sketch covers, send them my way at the address above.

[font:Book Antiqua]

Welcome back buddy..!

ps. There is another option for grading ss now...[/font]

:foryou::hi::gossip:

Welcome back buddy..!

Great minds...

Welcome back buddy..!

Great minds...

[font:Book Antiqua]Bwa hahahahha...

I guess if someone don't want your business well...[/font]

:golfclap:

I just sent a PM to a bunch of folks. I tried to get everyone we've sold to in the past, and everyone on my commissions list. I missed anyone, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll fill you in.

Sell I say indeed...

Here's a preview of a couple we should have available this weekend...

abam.jpg

Awesome cover :headbang:

You like that? Unfortunately it's got all these scribbles on the back... ;)

9kdt.jpg

I haven't kept up on the AC stuff and it sounds like a lot was fixed by Speedy. I'm not sure if things went south again afterwards.

Anyways...

I can't stop looking at these two images!

It is absolutely uncanny what he has done and can do.

From the foliage to the splatter of 'bits and pieces'...

When I was younger, I would copy John Byrne's artwork to no end. Mostly X-Men stuff. I didn't do that great of a job but what Anthony has done is (to me) absolutely incredible.

These two pieces, for some reason, has me shaking my head in disbelief!