• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anthony Castrillo thread shut down

154 posts in this topic

Most people don't have the time available to sue someone who lives far away for a couple or few hundred dollars.

Even if you wanted to sue, by the time you go through the whole process, it's going to cost you several times what you're sueing for minimum, so it's not worth it.

As Rich was saying, the best way to handle these situations is to pay no money or (if the artist in question has a good track record of meeting his commitments) only a partial amount up front. It's up to each of us as customers to demand no (or partial) up front money and walk away if the artist or rep won't agree to that.

It's hard sometimes, but not paying up front is so the way to go.

Most people don't have the time available to sue someone who lives far away for a couple or few hundred dollars.

Even if you wanted to sue, by the time you go through the whole process, it's going to cost you several times what you're sueing for minimum, so it's not worth it.

As Rich was saying, the best way to handle these situations is to pay no money or (if the artist in question has a good track record of meeting his commitments) only a partial amount up front. It's up to each of us as customers to demand no (or partial) up front money and walk away if the artist or rep won't agree to that.

It's hard sometimes, but not paying up front is so the way to go.

Yes, I've learned this the hard way. ;)

Well, here we are in April. Out of the nine overdue covers that need to get finished, graded and sent out to y'all, two are done. Originally I thought there were 11 left to take care of, but two of those are 11x17s. One of two completed ones is the Doom above. We've also got a few new ones that I could sell to cover expenses and maybe another refund if I'm lucky, but I have to work that out with CGC first to see if they'll let me.

I am of course still trying to get the last seven completed and make nice with CGC to get more time and the ability to sell/submit without having to wait for the next NYC convention or later.

Well, here we are in April. Out of the nine overdue covers that need to get finished, graded and sent out to y'all, two are done. Originally I thought there were 11 left to take care of, but two of those are 11x17s. One of two completed ones is the Doom above. We've also got a few new ones that I could sell to cover expenses and maybe another refund if I'm lucky, but I have to work that out with CGC first to see if they'll let me.

I am of course still trying to get the last seven completed and make nice with CGC to get more time and the ability to sell/submit without having to wait for the next NYC convention or later.

Sell you say eh... hm

I would be willing to buy it now and have you hold onto it until next years NYCC to submit (if necessary). I think I speak for all of us when I say we trust you Speedy.

I certainly appreciate that man, but the only way I've managed to maintain my sanity is by keeping things as simple as possible. And I'm not all that confident that the submission at the con would actually happen, know what I mean? If I took payment up front and then things got messy...well, yuck!

So, I've been trying to get an extension for AC to finish up the rest of the overdue commissions, but CGC decided they've been pretty patient and just have to shut us down. :(

I'll have one more sales thread this weekend, and with the money I get from that I'll pay the submission fees and shipping for the overdue covers AC has completed, and hopefully be able to cover one or two more refunds. Of course at this point I'm not sure how much money I'll be able to raise, so all that is up in the air.

Once that final sales thread is closed and everyone's paid up, we'll submit all the covers together. That will probably be early next week, and it'll be last mail-in submission.

In the meantime, I'm trying to squeeze as much out of AC as I can. lol I figure if we can get a few more overdue covers completed, all the better, right?

There is still the possibility of AC submitting stuff at NYCC, but that's a long way off and I'm not going to make plans for it now. As the show approaches I'll revisit and see where we're at. If we can get some more overdue stuff completed by then, and AC can get to the show, and we can sell some new work to cover fees, then we should be able to take another big bite out of the backlog. That's a sweet set of ifs, right? ;)

Shoot, there was one more thing I wanted to add, but now I can't remember what it was. O well, it'll come to me. :shrug: