• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Art Con March 30 Secaucus, NJ

47 posts in this topic

They could use a bigger room , but I guess that's how they keep the admission price low. It cost me $50 to get into the Philly and NY Wizard shows and they don't have half the art dealers that this show offers!

Just got back it was fun, was amazed at seeing some classic covers in person. I mean I was actually able to hold a Miller Daredevil piece in my hands, can't wait to go back next year. I also bought 2 pieces to add to my collection.

Just got back as well. Spent 45 minutes consigning 40 pieces with clink, found Burkey's representative and paid him for a cool BWS Daredevil 236 page, made a quick look around and left. I couldn't bear to really go through everyone's stuff with my money spent with Burkey before the doors even opened. At least Moy still has a piece I covet, and it is still $7K! It seemed much better attended than shows past, and I met Gene Park, said hello to Off White and Lou and that was about it. I remembered I was supposed to take photos as I got on the NJ Turnpike for home. Sorry guys! DD 236 page

Just got back it was fun, was amazed at seeing some classic covers in person. I mean I was actually able to hold a Miller Daredevil piece in my hands, can't wait to go back next year. I also bought 2 pieces to add to my collection.

What did you get? :baiting:

Two TMNT pages with McCollum pencils and Anderson inks. From #37 from what I've been told.

20140330_114423_zps193d1198.jpg

20140330_114356_zps09c36729.jpg

Just got back as well. Spent 45 minutes consigning 40 pieces with clink, found Burkey's representative and paid him for a cool BWS Daredevil 236 page, made a quick look around and left. I couldn't bear to really go through everyone's stuff with my money spent with Burkey before the doors even opened. At least Moy still has a piece I covet, and it is still $7K! It seemed much better attended than shows past, and I met Gene Park, said hello to Off White and Lou and that was about it. I remembered I was supposed to take photos as I got on the NJ Turnpike for home. Sorry guys! DD 236 page

Great meeting you, Sean! I unfortunately couldn't stay long at the show today, but I hope to catch up again with you and everyone else on the Con circuit this year!

Two TMNT pages with McCollum pencils and Anderson inks. From #37 from what I've been told.

20140330_114423_zps193d1198.jpg

20140330_114356_zps09c36729.jpg

Leo should really wear pants. I'm just saying.

Had a great time at the show, stayed about 2 hours, impressed with all the art there. Not just the tables, but several collectors brought portfolios to share. Gene, must have just missed you. Dealers were very pleased with the turnout, but aisles were perhaps too crowded at times. Spoke with Dan Pottick, Stephen Ferzoco, Glen Brunswick, David E Miller, Jamie Phelps and got to meet several others.

Met up with a Boston collector for a Batman page bought prior to the show, purchased two pieces by Byrne and Kirby-- tempted by dozen others but stayed on wantlist and best values.

Best of show IMO: a bigger-than- twice up Daredevil 34 Cover by Colan and Wally Wood

Cool story: someone showed me a Ditko 70s page from a clueless seller on eBay....Was listed as wrong issue, wrong artist. Sold for lunch money, lucky buyer.

All in, a fun, well-organized show and 100% art. Will definitely plan to attend next year.

Great meeting you, Sean! I unfortunately couldn't stay long at the show today, but I hope to catch up again with you and everyone else on the Con circuit this year!

Nice to meet you as well Gene, if only briefly. Maybe again during the madness that is NYCC.

Great TMNT pages! I saw those but told myself I had to stay focused. My primary intention was to sell at this show, sadly I was not to successful. It seems that modern art is just not in demand as old art is. I can understand that. I did however consign multiple pages to Comic Connect for their June auction.

While I was browsing, I came across some very nice and affordable Jose Delbo Batgirl pages from Detective Comics. And in fact these pages were sequential which made it even better. I saw a few other pieces I liked but needed to sell in order to buy. Prices for art have just exploded beyond reach for many including myself.

Here are the two I picked up:

2hevsp2.jpg

2ep0mty.jpg

wow. I cant belive all the art there. so much primo in the room. we really need to have something like this on the west coast here in cali. and no sdcc don't count as I can never get tickets to go. wondercon is next month maybe a few dealers will be there with art.

larry