• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

List of Comic Books Seen in Movies and Television Shows
11 11

571 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Love that movie! Love me some Amy Adam's too!!! Redhead ^^

I do as well.:cloud9:

6 minutes ago, kav said:

You cant catch the Flash.  Maybe thats the sub text here.

Think you may be on to something. hm

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Think you may be on to something. hm

See folks this is wut happens when you watch yourself and do wut you want!

Edited by kav

2 minutes ago, kav said:

See folks this is wut happens when you watch yourself and do wut you want!

When I was building my non sports card collection.  I purchased an error card from a seller for the DC Master Series  , which the seller called , " Flash too quick for his own image" due to the card missing the art work, but it still had the Name Logo on front and full art on back.

So apparently he is even too quick to be captured by a picture. 20181209_021127.thumb.jpg.1ba47827d70a34fc45858cafedf1ee5a.jpg20181209_021134.thumb.jpg.014c42725cbd7e1befbb8ebb82d12cac.jpg

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

When I was building my non sports card collection.  I purchased an error card from a seller for the DC Master Series  , which the seller called , " Flash too quick for his own image" due to the card missing the art work, but it still had the Name Logo on front and full art on back.

So apparently he is even too quick to be captured by a picture. 20181209_021127.thumb.jpg.1ba47827d70a34fc45858cafedf1ee5a.jpg20181209_021134.thumb.jpg.014c42725cbd7e1befbb8ebb82d12cac.jpg

Flash can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head he's so fast.
He makes quick silver look like a glacier.

6 hours ago, catman76 said:

Tarantula (1955)

This guy is shown reading a stack of comics a few times, but there is never shot of any covers to see what they are...

t1.thumb.png.14d20b51e984c421e6ec52e65621e954.png

t2.thumb.png.326780780565f965b7c637875d673564.png

I'm not too familiar, those look bigger or thicker than any Golden age Ive seen.... ???

was there a tpb back then? you can definitely see how crisp the corners and white the pages are :x 

1 hour ago, Beyonder123 said:

I I'll have to do some research, but I remember "The Queens Gambit" has a scene with a comic book spinner rack with a bunch of 90s books. The scene takes place in the 60s-70s.

There’s conversation about this one page back in this very thread. 

Edited by steveinthecity
Spellering

7 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm not too familiar, those look bigger or thicker than any Golden age Ive seen.... ???

was there a tpb back then? you can definitely see how crisp the corners and white the pages are :x 

I thought the same thing. The first ones he is shown with look like regular comic magazines, but yeah the second ones look thicker. But there were plenty of giant size comics then, the Dell Giant series ran all through the 50s and those were 100 pages. Might be one of those or one of the many other giant comics from many other publishers that had them at the time

3 minutes ago, catman76 said:

I thought the same thing. The first ones he is shown with look like regular comic magazines, but yeah the second ones look thicker. But there were plenty of giant size comics then, the Dell Giant series ran all through the 50s and those were 100 pages. Might be one of those or one of the many other giant comics from many other publishers that had them at the time

Thank You! Good to know, I have limited expertise in the matter for sure, but am grateful to learn.