• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain America 110

11 posts in this topic

The scans are too small to give you a more precise evaluation, but from what I can tell I would say 9.0 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

It seems as though you scanned it still in the plastic sleeve?

9.2 don't take it out of the plastic whatever you do

My friend Magik Woo consigned a JLA 1 with me for 3k in 1992 we got significantly less for it because when he sent it to me he tore the back cover with the mylar lip

actually this was a book a friend bought on ebay and it was graded 8.5 by PGX. i thought the grade was pretty close to being on the money. nice to hear people think it should have a higher grade. not sure it would be worth cracking it and submitting it to cgc. would probably have to come back 9.4 to make it worth that cost...

actually this was a book a friend bought on ebay and it was graded 8.5 by PGX. i thought the grade was pretty close to being on the money. nice to hear people think it should have a higher grade. not sure it would be worth cracking it and submitting it to cgc. would probably have to come back 9.4 to make it worth that cost...

The problem with a book under plastic, be it a bag & board or CGC/PGX holder is that the imperfections can easily be hidden from plain view. Once you crack the holder open it will be easier to see something that was "protected" under the plastic.

Try putting a book that might have a NCB bend into a plastic sleeve and watch the magic happen before your eyes!smiley-rpg012.gif