• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What year would you time travel to….

56 posts in this topic

I'd go back to 1977, and buy the Edgar Church collection from his kids before they make the fateful call to Chuck Rozanski.

Or go back a little earlier before the family had a chance to discard some of the material. To this day I am blown away by what seems like an endless catelog of glorious Church copies but I can't even begin to imagine what Chuck must have felt when he first saw all those books in stacks. Seriously, he has to be one of the luckiest guys in America the last half century.

I'd go to 1946ish. My thought process is that all the comics that came out prior to that should still be available. Early DC, Fiction House, eveything I could find, I'd buy multiple copies of everything. I would then buy a house and archive the comics is an inground safe and equip the house with state of the art security. Then when I go back to the future, I would show up to my house of comics and retire by selling the "extra" comics and the house which would have significantly increased in value.

I'd rather go to 1938 and shoot Hitler.

Why not go back to the year the art teacher that denied him to go to school and take that person out.

Hitler goes to art school and everything else never happens

Exactly he was a failed artist. If they accepted him into art school things might have been different.

Rejected-art-that-fuelled-Hitler-s-rage

yep. when artists fail they get ANGRY

I'd go 20 years into the future to see what the hot books are in 2034 so I can start stockpiling them cheaply now.

Techincally future time travel is already possible, at least in theory. It is just the getting back part that is the problem.

But I like your thinking!

I will second 1963, not only for the comics, but to get some of Ditko's original art.

Year 0 (or -xxx,xxx,xxx,xx0) could also be interesting. Wonder how you'd know when to stop? Did I build it to begin at year 2013? (shrug) No publisher though. I guess I'd get some sweet, sweet cave art.

Future time travel already exists... at a 24 hour a day pace :preach:

Well, I meant the science fiction type time travel. Where your on a ship for a year but eveyone else has advance 100 years. Relativity and all that fun stuff

Not comic related but I'd like to go back Back to the Future style and get a sports almanac, make trillions of dollars and rule the world.

I'm almost certain this is against Rule #3 in the OP….

I'd go back to '91. Find my younger self and tell the insufficiently_thoughtful_person to stay the hell away from that bimbo that would eventually become my EX who would eventually bleed me dry both emotionally and monetarily.

I'd be happier today as well have the money to get all the comics, baseball cards, and guns that I'd want. Not to mention the freedom to date whomever I want.

I'd rather go to 1938 and shoot Hitler.

Might be smarter to go back earlier, before he's in power and has security around him. Kill him while he's an artist.

Heck, make it really easy and kill him when he's a young child.

I can see the faces of the onlookers as they haul me away - "He's evil I tell you! Evil!"

Yeah, that's the ticket. :/