• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sigh

30 posts in this topic

I had no idea Noto's codename was "Knockout" or "Doc Savage" :news:

He may be a relatively small man, but don't judge the book by the cover! Knockout Noto!

sorry, that reads harshly and I wasn't trying to be a spoon

I don't even have 10 post yet and I've been told off. ;)

No worries... We're all big boys here.

Groovy. I may be a big boy but I think it may be nap nap time.

later folks!

What about a simple Frazetta or Frank Miller drawing... No handy camera back then.

And you are going to believe a COA from CGC (shrug)

All of the COA stuff is pretty much worthless. Look at all the certified baseball stuff that ends up being a forgery.

Also, CGC already grades con sketches, ridiculously enough.

Are you talking about the sketch cover stuff?

No, and "grades" is the wrong word, sorry. I meant this stuff:

cgc1.36a.jpg

wow, people actually pay money to get a con sketch entombed versus just buying a mylar :facepalm:

I think this does have a function.

So many fake sketches floating around. This is about as rock solid proof that the sketch was done by who the seller says it was done by.

This isn't so you know, but when you're ready to resell... or flip.

Also, CGC already grades con sketches, ridiculously enough.

Are you talking about the sketch cover stuff?

No, and "grades" is the wrong word, sorry. I meant this stuff:

cgc1.36a.jpg

wow, people actually pay money to get a con sketch entombed versus just buying a mylar :facepalm:

I think this does have a function.

So many fake sketches floating around. This is about as rock solid proof that the sketch was done by who the seller says it was done by.

This isn't so you know, but when you're ready to resell... or flip.

Now it makes sense. (thumbs u

Leaving aside the notion of grading a piece of art (which I think is completely unnecesary) : how do people feel about having a lightweight, hard storage case for their 11x17 pages?

I'd love to have something more supportive than a rigid sleeve, and had some way of closing it to keep loose debris out, and something I would feel comfortable carting around or letting someone handle.

I have only a few loose pages, and they are just lying in my flat file - it'd be great to have a way to at least leave them out for viewing or a way to box them upright for display.