• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade - Couple of Stan Lee Sig Books - Lee Photo Cover

19 posts in this topic

Had Stan sign two books. They are now on their way back to me.

Just for fun, anyone want to guess what grades these received?

Neither was pressed.

First, Black Rider #8(#1). In case you weren't aware, that is Stan himself behind the mask. There is a tear as can be seen on the lower right corner of the cover.

BlackRiderVGtsfc.jpg

BlackRider8VGtcbc.jpg

Next is Sgt. Fury #1. I purchased it slabbed some time ago. I cracked and prepped for sig. I can tell you it did not receive the same grade nor the same PQ but did it go up or down? I never scanned a back cover scan of it.

2311121956131.jpg

The tear is about 1" but doesn't go through to the right or bottom cover so there is no hanging piece.

I'll post the grades tomorrow. So far no one has guessed correctly on the Black Rider.

If the tear on the front cover isn't as severe as it looks :o I'll revise my original guess and I'll say that you pulled off a 5.0 for that copy! IMHO! smiley-gen130.gif

The tear is about 1" but doesn't go through to the right or bottom cover so there is no hanging piece.

I'll post the grades tomorrow. So far no one has guessed correctly on the Black Rider.

If the tear on the front cover isn't as sever as it looks :o I'll revise my original guess and I'll say that you pulled off a 5.0 for that copy! IMHO! smiley-gen130.gif

Really bold but who knows CGC :gossip::wishluck:

A few of you nailed them. To be honest I am surprised and very pleased with the grades. I thought the Sgt Fury would at best stay the same let alone grade and PQ bump. The tear on the BR is severe in my eyes but I'm harsh on those flaws. Again neither was pressed not sure it would have helped anyway for these books.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts :foryou:

1303141847121.jpg

1303141848361.jpg

Glad to see I nailed the Sgt. Fury on both grade and pq. :banana:

I would have been tougher on the Black Rider as well. A tear like that probably doesn't warrant a 5.0, but the book does present well. :applause:

Glad to see I nailed the Sgt. Fury on both grade and pq. :banana

(thumbs u

The PQ wasn't a huge surprise to me but I thought with the tape it would not be be an upgrade. The tape is not helping the book structurally which may explain why no grade drop and .5 increase is not a big bump but some days you never know.

Bravo on the guess :applause: appreciate your thoughts very much.