• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reputable UK dealers?

35 posts in this topic

I know Comicana Direct is spoken of highly. Any other UK dealers that grade tightly, deal honestly, and have solid customer service? Any input is greatly appreciated! :)

There are a couple of boardies on here who do a bit of trading:

Gaz973

Whizzer

Comicopolis

(thumbs u

Is it a very short list, away from the boards something difficult to expand upon much further, or am I being unduly pessimistic?

I'd like to chime in here about the comments I've read about my company.

Recently I've been picking books out of stock to put in my collection, and many books in the lower grade ranges which have probably been around a long time have Indeed proven to be over graded.

What I'm going to do from now on is systematically regrade when possible, and check grades on orders personally, especially if they are books which were graded some time ago.

All books will go out boarded - I have a new packing manager, and standards of packing are greatly improved. I will also put some books up in the for sale section with good scans, and free US shipping.

I fully intend to give all customers, not just boardies, satisfaction and value for money.

Having checked my grading against numerous recent CGC submissions and various other much respected dealers in the US, I think we can give a fair deal in terms of grading, pricing and customer service - I only ask for everyone to give us a fair opportunity to do so.

I'd like to chime in here about the comments I've read about my company.

Recently I've been picking books out of stock to put in my collection, and many books in the lower grade ranges which have probably been around a long time have Indeed proven to be over graded.

What I'm going to do from now on is systematically regrade when possible, and check grades on orders personally, especially if they are books which were graded some time ago.

All books will go out boarded - I have a new packing manager, and standards of packing are greatly improved. I will also put some books up in the for sale section with good scans, and free US shipping.

I fully intend to give all customers, not just boardies, satisfaction and value for money.

Having checked my grading against numerous recent CGC submissions and various other much respected dealers in the US, I think we can give a fair deal in terms of grading, pricing and customer service - I only ask for everyone to give us a fair opportunity to do so.

Great news

Going to look over your web site again !

hope I find something to buy :)

http://www.qscomics.com/default.asp

:)

Great news

Going to look over your web site again !

hope I find something to buy :)

http://www.qscomics.com/default.asp

:)

Thank you indeed - I certainly hope we can accomodate you again soon - what kind of books do you usually look for ?

We have a lot of nice shape bronze age books we're offering at half price at the moment -

Half Price Bronze

I don't trust any of them. They talk funny and drive on the wrong side of the street. (:

Oh, don't worry. They send all their convicts to Australia years ago....

We sent them to the US as well.

I don't trust any of them. They talk funny and drive on the wrong side of the street. (:

Oh, don't worry. They send all their convicts to Australia years ago....

We sent them to the US as well.

Nonono... the convicts that came to America left Britain on their own accord.

(:

-slym

I know Comicana Direct is spoken of highly. Any other UK dealers that grade tightly, deal honestly, and have solid customer service? Any input is greatly appreciated! :)

There are a couple of boardies on here who do a bit of trading:

Gaz973

Whizzer

Comicopolis

(thumbs u

All of the above are great sellers. Tight grading and excellent customer service (thumbs u

ComicanaDirect are by far the best dealer in the UK at the moment in my opinion, excellent customer service, very tight grading on raw books and just all around helpful regarding anything comic book related.

I've bought from all UK dealers at some time in the past and Comicana is the only one I currently go back to again and again.

Contact them direct or get in touch with Flaming_Telepath here on the boards.

I have also bought from Gaz973, again tight grading and all around excellent customer service, can usually be found at the London mart but also sell's here on the forums, contact him directly and I'm sure he'll tell you what's currently on offer.

I don't have a huge amount to add to the above - it's true that there aren't a huge number of UK dealers, reputable or otherwise - but those mentioned already are top notch.

I'd add A Place in Space, who are a very large eBay dealer, as a good one. They only do moderns, but they come well packed and in good condition.

Finally, seems like it would be remiss not to also mention Silver Acre as a dealer to avoid if at all possible. Numerous threads on these very boards detailing problems with them.

If I buy back issue raws, I now only go to Comicana and Gaz973. The grade they say is the grade you receive. I also changed my sub to comicana as well, i used to have with a london store which would be easier for me to pick up, but lot of places do not treat comics with the care we want so that they remain in as good a condition as possible.

I have tried other UK back issue dealers but have always been disappointed with the obvious overgrading and the high price