• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil recommendations from any time period needed

133 posts in this topic

:o

How do I find these?! This is my all-time favorite run! :ohnoez:

Get in the wayback machine and you can see them on The Artist's Choice website. That page I got was $300 once upon a time. I bought it because the rest were all $900 and I could not afford that at the time. Did alright for myself I would say. They go for $3K and up at least now, with a rumor of an $8K page sold last year or so (I myself do not believe that though).

:o

How do I find these?! This is my all-time favorite run! :ohnoez:

Get in the wayback machine and you can see them on The Artist's Choice website. That page I got was $300 once upon a time. I bought it because the rest were all $900 and I could not afford that at the time. Did alright for myself I would say. They go for $3K and up at least now, with a rumor of an $8K page sold last year or so (I myself do not believe that though).

I have no idea what any of that fist sentence means. :D Is there a website "www.artistschoice.com" I'm clueless in the world of OA. :shy:

Do you have a link? :foryou:

I will recommend the IDW Daredevil Born Again : Artists Edition.

I just picked one up about 2 weeks ago! I got the limited edition SDCC variant with Mazzacchelli's signature. I'd still dream of owning and actual page. :cloud9:

Yup, Justin. (thumbs u

DD sketch world? hm I've been thinking more and more about it and some ideas of what I want to do. I know Jeff Smith will be at Boston Comic Con this year. I wanted to get him to do a Bone/DD mashup. I thought about getting favorite artists of mine to do their renditions of DD.

The wayback machine (that works in google, I have no idea what the site name really is) is an internet archive and has old internet sites databased. Yes, the artist's choice is a OA dealer, and if you have time you can see old versions of his site through using the wayback machine. (It is a Peabody and Sherman reference from back in the day.)

Since I am telling things you don't know I will keep going. Did you know you can tell what side of the car the gas tank is on by the little arrow on your dashboard near the gas pump symbol? (I bet you didn't know that!)

They go for $3K and up at least now, with a rumor of an $8K page sold last year or so (I myself do not believe that though).

$10,277

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121350&lotNo=12556

See, I knew I was right...that isn't $8K at all. :eek:

That may be the second best page in the entire story though, next to the page of DD in the fire that ended one issue. But you done got me.

Since I am telling things you don't know I will keep going. Did you know you can tell what side of the car the gas tank is on by the little arrow on your dashboard near the gas pump symbol? (I bet you didn't know that!)

Now you made me wanna run out to my car and look at the dashboard! :shy:

Now you made me wanna run out to my car and look at the dashboard! :shy:

No need, it will be there in the morning. That is one of my favorite facts that everyone should really just know but no one does.

I did know that! :baiting:

I did know that! :baiting:

Okay, I got at least one more but I can't for the life of me remember it. :preach: Getting old, but give me a few minutes.

Sorry to de-rail the thread so....

DD 181 is my favorite comic ever.

I was in my prime collecting fanboy mode during the Nocenti years but those are only so-so in retrospect. Left when McDaniel's aping of Miller drove me crazy.

Love Waid's take on the title and it is too much fun. Then again Mark Waid is an excellent writer (his first run on Captain America is stellar.)

Get the Miller/Sienkiewicz GN. (Love and War maybe?) fantastic art, really amazing and the story is about Kingpin and his wife and is amazing as well.

Electra Lives Again GN by Frank Miller is a modern masterpiece. The art is to die for ($15K right now for the sweet page with Matt on the stairs IIRC), Miller at his best before going stark b/w as in Sin City and 300 and such.

And this was the "Wayback Machine" I've seen before... I knew I had seen this title before. But I obviously don't think this is what you were talking about.

http://professorhswaybackmachine.blogspot.com/2013/01/daredevil-part-2.html

messed this up four times now but

internet archive aka wayback machine