• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil recommendations from any time period needed

133 posts in this topic

What are your favorite DD stories? What are your favorite DD stories with Kingpin or Bullseye or Black Widow or Electra or any villains or allies?

I have a good collection from around 1980 to 1992 roughly and I'm hoping to get right to the good stuff. In hopes this thread will help anyone I want to keep it open to any time period and anything DD related.

I read #191 by Miller a year or two ago and thought it was awesome. It has Bullseye in it and it will hook you in the first two pages. Very dark. It's a one and done pretty much but I don't want to get too into it and ruin it for anyone.

So what's your favorite or favorites?

The Miller TPBs from 158 -181 were my favorite. The third book was good but I felt 168-181 was the sweet spot. Everyone gets a boner over Born Again, which I found to be ok but not the way everyone talks it up. I actually think I enjoyed The Fall of the Kingpin better. Sorry but it's a little hard to take Nuke seriously even when it comes to the world of comic books. A nice concept for a character but toned down a little he could have been epic. Also Karen Page is a complete skank.

The Miller run is some of the greatest comics I have ever read. I was maybe12/13 years old at the time and, although i was never a big DD fan, it was mind-blowing to read the story and see the artwork (which was pretty darn unique at the time).

I can't recommend it enough!

Daredevil Collecting Thread

There was a similar thread to this one not too long ago. I'll see if I can track it down.

Born Again > Bendis run > Miller's First run > Brubaker

Born Again is just one of those stories you can read over and over again. It's a toss up between Born Again and Bendis' run for favorite Kingpin.

Favorite Bullseye and Elektra stories is easy - Miller's First run. (thumbs u

Other than the usual Miller epics, which should deservedly be in 1-2, my next-favorite run was where DD teamed up with Black Widow and they moved to San Francisco.

That took place from DD 81 to 107, but the 80's and 90's are the best, with some really crazy stuff taking place - I don't think there is a run with as many villain deaths in the history of Marvel Comics.

Most Daredevil discussion usually centers around Miller. He really transformed the character. My personal favorite run is #168-#181, culminating in the death of Elektra. #181, the death of Elektra is definitely one of the best Copper comic.

Also, I think #182-#184, "Child's Play," the drug story with the Punisher is often overlooked. I like the way Miller portrays the conflict between Punisher and Daredevil and the clash of their brand of justice each believe in.