• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil recommendations from any time period needed

133 posts in this topic

What? No love for Redemption? That's probably my 2nd fave story after BA.

If you haven't read it, I'm giving it the highest possible recommendation.

For single stories I have a soft spot for #223. I thought that was the best thing to come out of the Secret Wars II. DD touching Glorianna's face and she realizing what happened to him was priceless. Mazz's art only helps. It sported a Byrne cover but it wasn't good.

Edit: It took a while but I hit a milestone: my 100th post!

I actually like Bendis' run the best, followed by Brubaker and then the Miller run. Heresy, I know but I go with what engages me the most.....

Those are my 3 favourite as well so... You're cool with me (thumbs u

Okay, all these people wanting to read some DD made me start listing mine on ebay. seller name is fedres420 $0.99 start with $6 s/h in the US. 15-20 book lots with some JRJR (lot from 234-257) and some later ones (lot of 351-379). I have my other JRJRs ready to go and maybe the DD Man Without Fear, so check later today and maybe they will be there.

Okay, I ran a few DD Man Without Fear through "hey buddy can you spare a grade?" and then put them up on ebay. They are there now, signed by Frank Miller (2 issues), JRjr (4 issues) and all 5 plus another copy of issue 1 by Al Williamson.

man without fear signed on ebay

Last week I picked up the Brubaker tpb and devoured it in a day. Really great story. Recommended.

I also picked up Volumes 1, 2, and 3 of the Bendis stories. Almost done with Volume 1 and I'm really enjoying it too.

Both the Brubaker and Bendis stories are reminding me of the gritty, crime drama from Born Again. Good stuff!

I admit to not ever reading the Stan Lee / Wally Wood Daredevil just because I have not had the chance.

I love Frank Miller / Klaus Janson's run on the title. I also love Miller / Mazzuchelli's BORN AGAIN (the same duo behind BATMAN: YEAR ONE) and Miller / Romita Jr on MAN WITHOUT FEAR.

I enjoyed DAREDEVIL: YELLOW by Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale.

DAREDEVIL by Kevin Smith / Joe Quesada was ok but not great. Kevin Smith needed an editor to reign in his writing. It was too verbose and need to be tightened up. The art was great though.

I liked (but didn't love) the Bendis / Maleev run since I felt Frank Miller already did the grim-n-gritty better. Maleev's art was beautifully moody.

I felt Brubaker and Diggle did a better job on the character than Bendis.

I didn't get to read Diggle's last story (the one after SHADOWLAND) before Waid took over.

Mark Waid is nothing short of outstanding on his current and new run on DAREDEVIL and find each issue a great lesson in comic book storytelling.