• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CC auction...

141 posts in this topic

Should have done tracking on this one, but completely forgot - can someone tell me what the BB 28 8.0 went for in the end?
:gossip: Ask in the SA forum for best results

I thought one SA book between GA junkies wouldn't be a bad thing .... (shrug)

I forgot about the first two nights of this auction... and then stumbled into winning this tonight:

cap1.1460a.jpg

congrats Mike. 6.5 seems to be your grade

Yeah, I'm a big fan of 6.5 to 7.5 books. :)

I like that range myself. Congrats!

Should have done tracking on this one, but completely forgot - can someone tell me what the BB 28 8.0 went for in the end?
:gossip: Ask in the SA forum for best results

I thought one SA book between GA junkies wouldn't be a bad thing .... (shrug)

$19,200

No talk about the Jumbo Comics. [surprised] I know #1 went for $4600 the Larsen copy with a bit of a nibbled corner. Most of the others had issues with tape, glue etc. CC was throwing the word "rare" out more than a steakhouse.

Someone paid $2,100 for a Journey into Mystery #14 CGC 6.5. A $500 book at best. :facepalm:

Not any more.

I've got a pretty, white paged #3. Maybe I ought to think about raising prices!

Someone paid $2,100 for a Journey into Mystery #14 CGC 6.5. A $500 book at best. :facepalm:

Not any more.

I've got a pretty, white paged #3. Maybe I ought to think about raising prices!

(tsk)

Hate to be a downer, but there seem to be some suspiciously ridiculous results in this auction.

I'm not making any accusations, nor do I really care at the end of the day, just think the results were extremely high across the board. I don't know. Maybe that's just the way things are trending for GA.

Personally, I was only interested in one book, GREEN LANTERN #10 4.0. Went for roughly $200 more than a 6.0 did last month. Wasn't even a very nice presenter for the grade IMO. Tough old minor key, but either somebody got a great deal last month or somebody got fleeced yesterday.

Hate to be a downer, but there seem to be some suspiciously ridiculous results in this auction.

I'm not making any accusations, nor do I really care at the end of the day, just think the results were extremely high across the board. I don't know. Maybe that's just the way things are trending for GA.

Personally, I was only interested in one book, GREEN LANTERN #10 4.0. Went for roughly $200 more than a 6.0 did last month. Wasn't even a very nice presenter for the grade IMO. Tough old minor key, but either somebody got a great deal last month or somebody got fleeced yesterday.

Four things -

1) That other copy you refer to had "Slightly Brittle" pages; this one was Off-White/White. Even at $600 I would have preferred the lower grade with the higher PQ.

2) I was bidding on that GL 10 as well and me and somebody/somebodies else were duking it out the last $150. If I don't bid maybe it goes for guide value.

3) Towards your conspiracy theory, I think ComicConnect's audience is quite affluent compared to other auctions. This is hardly the best example; just look at the incredible prices the Mile Highs have been achieving

4) The format of the auction, with the extended 3-minute bid periods, gives people time to think and bid up which I think contributes to the across the board strong prices. You can't snipe people's underestimated maximum bids like you can in other auctions

I don't think I've ever gotten a "deal" at any auction, ever. That's why I try to only buy direct from dealers and boardies on here or approach sellers on ebay and try to make off ebay deals that are discounted from their BIN prices.

-J.

I agree that the 3 minute add on forces a real auction battle. Both the books I won, (marvel mystery 5 and human torch 12 went way into "overtime". If I had been able to snipe I might have lost both.

I've always had to pay high from CC. And wait the longest for the books.

I agree that the 3 minute add on forces a real auction battle. Both the books I won, (marvel mystery 5 and human torch 12 went way into "overtime". If I had been able to snipe I might have lost both.

+1 From a purely business standpoint the "extended bidding" CC does is a stroke of genius. It really can drive up a price on books that are particularly coveted. Extended bidding on that nice looking Tec 33 was like 15 minutes.

-J.

+1 From a purely business standpoint the "extended bidding" CC does is a stroke of genius. It really can drive up a price on books that are particularly coveted. Extended bidding on that nice looking Tec 33 was like 15 minutes.

-J.

Same with the CM Jrs I had my eye on. I bid those puppies up, but I'm just not going to be sucked into this "stoppage time" thing again.

Or at any rate, that's what I say now. :D