• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CC auction...

141 posts in this topic

No talk about the Jumbo Comics. [surprised] I know #1 went for $4600 the Larsen copy with a bit of a nibbled corner. Most of the others had issues with tape, glue etc. CC was throwing the word "rare" out more than a steakhouse.
Funny( steakhouse reference) lol

Mask Comics #2?? Someone wanted that really bad

No kidding! Last month on Heritage a CGC 4.0 went for $900! That book on CC was bid over $1400 days ago too. Ages ago 5.0's went just over $1100.

Also, the last few Mask #1's on HA that were 5.0 / 5.5 each went over $1500. I got this for less than a 3rd of them...

mas2.20a.jpg

Congrats! At least I was outbid by a fellow Boardie :-)

Thanks. I know the page quality isn't the best but the price was right. Sorry I had to steal that from you. The hammer price was literally $1 below my last bid!

Someone paid $2,100 for a Journey into Mystery #14 CGC 6.5. A $500 book at best. :facepalm:

Not any more.

It is a sought after cover, more of an outlier sale, but not totally surprising.

...... looking a lot like a 7.0 probably didn't hurt it too much...... plus the perception that there are Atlas books that don't exist in HG ....... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yes!! Got the book i wanted tonight. After a long chase for this issue in a nice condition (and, losing out on this copy in particular on Comiclink earlier this winter - when i made an offer, the seller had already lined it up for this CC event auction, unknown to me then )I finally snagged it! :banana:http://s161.photobucket.com/user/sagii68/media/ZipComics13_zps1338d632.jpg.html

I've picked up one terrific comic tonight, and have one more on my radar :wishluck:

that's terrific Gator! :applause:

too bad my radar was smashed on the second book :cry:

I was the underbidder on a Human Torch #5 CGC 2.5 :P (Love this cover) I placed my bid early and unfortunately wasn't able to be around for the final countdown...the book had a nice little chunk right below the word, "issue" on the top right but I still believe the buyer got it at a great price!! oh well, we will get em' next time :grin: