• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CC auction...

141 posts in this topic

Maybe folks thought that its a 60-70k book without the glue and figured some old glue just saved them 30-35k (shrug)

My point was that an unrestored 3.5 might sell for 60-70k. This copy looks as nice as a 3.5 can, only bc of the glue it sits in a purple holder. Book is the book. At 36k, it is a bargain relative to if the same book sat in a blue holder

That said a 1.0 that looks like this might be a 25-30k book so I don't believe the motivation was to remove glue but to own a good looking copy at a 50% discount (thumbs u

Got it. Makes sense. (thumbs u

Isn't that what I said? lol

But not as mellifluously!

Since GA books can still be in a blue label with a "spot" of glue, I wonder if the thought is that not all of it need be removed? hm

Maybe folks thought that its a 60-70k book without the glue and figured some old glue just saved them 30-35k (shrug)

My point was that an unrestored 3.5 might sell for 60-70k. This copy looks as nice as a 3.5 can, only bc of the glue it sits in a purple holder. Book is the book. At 36k, it is a bargain relative to if the same book sat in a blue holder

That said a 1.0 that looks like this might be a 25-30k book so I don't believe the motivation was to remove glue but to own a good looking copy at a 50% discount (thumbs u

I still don't understand. Rick, could you explain it again...only slower, and with fewer big words, and maybe a pie chart or graph or something?

I still don't understand. Rick, could you explain it again...only slower, and with fewer big words, and maybe a pie chart or graph or something?

If possible, make it a lemon meringue pie chart. :cloud9:

Yes please, but don't get your thumb stuck in the fridge.

I remain at a loss why anyone would think that the seller of it would not have had the glue removed himself prior to selling it if it could in fact have been done without destroying the book. Pretty sure he would have invested the $1,500 with Matt and cgc to have it done and re-graded if it would have meant potentially doubling his money. I don't think any of us on here have thought of anything that the seller didn't. And as is the case with most comic connect auctions, whatever juice that might have been in the book even in a 1.5 blue holder, was up-bid into oblivion. It's best to leave it as is now I would agree.

-J.

strawberry shortcake...and oh, how sad I am I missed the fridge

I wouldn't like to get my thumb stuck in the fridge either.

WilliamTheRefrigeratorPerry.jpg

36k for the Action #7 CGC 3.5 with slight amateur resto. Are we going to see this book with glue removed and a blue label in the near future?

Or people are betting on the implementation of the "Conserved" Label, and the market valuing it higher than the current restored label.

glue would get a conservation label right?

36k for the Action #7 CGC 3.5 with slight amateur resto. Are we going to see this book with glue removed and a blue label in the near future?

Or people are betting on the implementation of the "Conserved" Label, and the market valuing it higher than the current restored label.

how about this:

the buyer just wanted a good looking copy of the book, relative to what is available in the market ...maybe there is no label considerations, or value, etc... hm

how about this:

the buyer just wanted a good looking copy of the book, relative to what is available in the market ...maybe there is no label considerations, or value, etc... hm

especially if they have never owned a copy before :)

I think the Action #23 7 was a no brainer, nice pick up Bunky. $10K for the #13 seems a bit aggressive but I'm betting that its a perfect book for a professional restorer to get his hands on, complete the work himself and then try and sell it for $15K. Either that or use its parts for another copy.

I think the Action #23 was a no brainer, nice pick up Bunky. $10K for the #13 seems a bit aggressive but I'm betting that its a perfect book for a professional restorer to get his hands on, complete the work himself and then try and sell it for $15K. Either that or use its parts for another copy.

Action 23 :o

$10K for the #13 seems a bit aggressive but I'm betting that its a perfect book for a professional restorer to get his hands on, complete the work himself and then try and sell it for $15K. Either that or use its parts for another copy.

I think folks are thinking 10K for the #13 is a bit aggressive because of the poor page quality. With a 1.5 selling for $13,100 last September, 10K for a 1.0 doesn't seem out of line to me.

I think the Action #23 was a no brainer, nice pick up Bunky. $10K for the #13 seems a bit aggressive but I'm betting that its a perfect book for a professional restorer to get his hands on, complete the work himself and then try and sell it for $15K. Either that or use its parts for another copy.

There was an Action 23 in this auction?? Or was that a typo by Silver Surfer?

-J.

There was an Action 23 in this auction?? Or was that a typo by Silver Surfer?

-J.

Typo. He meant #7.

Looking at the prices on CC, a lot of them seem aggressive (or at least very strong) for key books.

That seems to me to be in some contrast to the prices at Clink, which seemed a little low to me (not bad prices on keys, just not as aggressive).

Is CC the new (or current) auction king?