• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems with Facilitators

121 posts in this topic

But it's also a fact that they get paid to do the job right, not wrong. If a creator is giving them grief, yes that sucks but that's part of the job they got paid for, especially when dealing with numerous personalities who want you to do things for them (be it signature hogs, creators, etc).

I am curious as to what this means to you. Does this mean that you expect a facilitator to become combative or attempt to force a creator to do what you want because you have paid them their fee for that book?

That's not going to work out for anyone.

Datwit is right. Believe it and move on. lol

yes, you must take the creator's hand, put the correct colored marker in it and then force him/her to sign.

7hi6s.jpg

So if the option is to have the book signed in the "wrong" colour or not have it signed at all then what is the preference?

I would always rather have it signed. But that is just me. It is probably something that should be discussed and agreed upon between the parties beforehand.

So if the option is to have the book signed in the "wrong" colour or not have it signed at all then what is the preference?

I would always rather have it signed. But that is just me. It is probably something that should be discussed and agreed upon between the parties beforehand.

Agreed. I usually only take subs from other facilitators but if I decided to change that I would be inclined not to guarantee colour. If the customer decided it was a certain colour or nothing then I would be inclined to either not take books from them or tell them my fee is for my time.

Agreed. I usually only take subs from other facilitators but if I decided to change that I would be inclined not to guarantee colour. If the customer decided it was a certain colour or nothing then I would be inclined to either not take books from them or tell them my fee is for my time.

I've had people ask for a certain color and even send a sharpie of that color, having never attempted to use that sharpie for a sig on a comic book. Most people don't realize how poorly certain color sharpies transfer onto comic cover stock.

I won't take requests outside of Black, Silver, Gold for that reason. The only color markers that really transfer well and consistently are paint markers that take a fortnight to dry properly (which doesn't allow for proper handling in a larger or more congested signing).

I would just refuse to take books from that client. I do not charge to get things done in other colors though. That would be ridiculous.

I would just refuse to take books from that client. I do not charge to get things done in other colors though. That would be ridiculous.

Neither do I but it's because I view it as a fee for my time. If I spent the time and got in front of the creator and they tell me they only sign with their pen then? Whether I get the sig or not I spent the time.

Would you buy the Amazing Spider-man 9/11 issue that's all black that's signed in black markero n the cover (not the logo)? If I can't see a sig, there's no point in getting it.

Would you buy the Amazing Spider-man 9/11 issue that's all black that's signed in black markero n the cover (not the logo)? If I can't see a sig, there's no point in getting it.

Why do you debate in extremes? Same book. Client wants gold but gets silver. Problem? Should the book not have been signed?

Why do you debate in extremes? Same book. Client wants gold but gets silver. Problem? Should the book not have been signed?

How about fecal matter? Client wants gold, but gets a finger paint poop sig.

He should pay extra.

He should pay extra.

DNA!!!

These responses are comedy and the very reason I do most things myself. Just exercise some social skills instead of dropping down a stack of books and I'm sure a pen or marker change doesn't become life or death lol

These responses are comedy and the very reason I do most things myself. Just exercise some social skills instead of dropping down a stack of books and I'm sure a pen or marker change doesn't become life or death lol

Perhaps trying it for others will offer some insight. Most, if not all, of the issues that may come up you can answer right then since you're doing your own books. (thumbs u