• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems with Facilitators

121 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or does everyone have minor issues with their facilitator? I've had several lately, but the most annoying is not getting the signatures in the specific color that was originally requested. So instead of gold or silver, they are all in black.

Am I the only one who has these issues?

Is it time to look elsewhere?

Any issues you have with a facilitator should be forwarded to Mike Balent at CGC

+1

I also have to point out that while I am sure all of us try our best to get sigs done in the colors a client wants, complaining about a sig color is one of the fastest ways to not get your books done. (unless of course the facilitator is charging you an extra fee for a certain color)

I cant speak for other guys, nor do I know who your facilitator was, but I know I try my best to meet the color needs everyone has but mistakes do happen. How sure are you this is something they are doing on purpose rather than a simple mistake?

I've had creators and celebs, miss the start of a new color stack and sign one or two books in black still before we caught it. Ive also had books get shuffled up before and a couple silvers end up in the black stack and blacks in the silver stack.

Have to agree with Doug. I try my best to get the colors that my clients want but sometimes it just cannot happen. Starlin is a perfect example. He can only sign in black. He said there is something that they use in the color sharpies and white out pens that he is allergic to. Dan was there when I found this out.

There is also a new survey that you can fill out based on the dealings you had with your facilitator. If you have any issues the man to talk to is Mike Balent as Dan said. You can email him at mbalent@cgccomics.com

I gotta say, not getting your book signed in a specific color is a weak complaint. These guys work really hard just to get the signature. Be happy it got done at all. :sumo:

+10000000000

I gotta say, not getting your book signed in a specific color is a weak complaint. These guys work really hard just to get the signature. Be happy it got done at all. :sumo:

Not unless you pay good money for that ink on that book. If a facilitator can't read a note stating you want specific ink, go to another facilitator. Customer is paying for a service, not half a complete job. Would you buy a red car if you initially wanted a blue car? Its one think if its a mistake, if it happens more than that its called a habit.

In general, I haven't had problems with facilitators. When I started, I didn't know about different sig colors. Seeing my earlier CGC SIGs, I can't stand the fact the ink is different. I now make sure its the same as I like uniformity. When I got CAPTAIN AMERICA 111 signed by Steranko & Sinnott, I asked for blue ink as it pops out on the white cover (plus it matches cap's colors). Will share when I get it back from CGC.

Really dude? Any need for that? Did I accuse anyone? Did I say they were doing a **** job? Simply asked if other people were having this issue....Save your comments for someone else, you aren't helping...

Paying for a service, entitled to ask something if I'm not getting what I want....

I will say this though. If you are asking for a color other than black, gold, or silver then you better be sending that color along with your books.

I sent them a box of sharpies in every color, including silver and gold....

Not unless you pay good money for that ink on that book. If a facilitator can't read a note stating you want specific ink, go to another facilitator. Customer is paying for a service, not half a complete job. Would you buy a red car if you initially wanted a blue car? Its one think if its a mistake, if it happens more than that its called a habit.

In general, I haven't had problems with facilitators. When I started, I didn't know about different sig colors. Seeing my earlier CGC SIGs, I can't stand the fact the ink is different. I now make sure its the same as I like uniformity. When I got CAPTAIN AMERICA 111 signed by Steranko & Sinnott, I asked for blue ink as it pops out on the white cover (plus it matches cap's colors). Will share when I get it back from CGC.

Thanks mate, that was my whole point...I'm paying for a service...Does is happen regulary or is my facilitator just slack? And I'm with you, I pick the color that will best stand out on a book....

Any issues you have with a facilitator should be forwarded to Mike Balent at CGC

+1

I also have to point out that while I am sure all of us try our best to get sigs done in the colors a client wants, complaining about a sig color is one of the fastest ways to not get your books done. (unless of course the facilitator is charging you an extra fee for a certain color)

I cant speak for other guys, nor do I know who your facilitator was, but I know I try my best to meet the color needs everyone has but mistakes do happen. How sure are you this is something they are doing on purpose rather than a simple mistake?

I've had creators and celebs, miss the start of a new color stack and sign one or two books in black still before we caught it. Ive also had books get shuffled up before and a couple silvers end up in the black stack and blacks in the silver stack.

Doug, I know you'd always do your best. I purposely didn't name names, as I just wanted to see if it was a common occurence. Yes, I do get charged extra for color (even though I've supplied them a box of sharpies). I also know sometimes it's just not conceivable, but I was never informed of this. And how sure am I this wasn't a simple mistake? It's happened multiple times...And it's not like I'm getting 20 books in different colors. Generally it's only 2 to 3 at a time....

Exactly. Facilitators do a lot of hard work and sometimes they get from creators. If I'm working with a creator who despises cgc, the last thing im going to do is nag them to stop using a marker they're using to accomodate me. God forbid I need to interrupt an artist artist while he or she is working on a commission. If you paid for an extra fee for a color, you should be refunded for the facilitator not following through.

Also if I wanted a red car but was given a blue one, I wouldn't be too upset if I only had a handful of times a year to even purchase the car.

If there was an agreement for a refund, and the refund is not given, then we have an issue. But it seems to me the OP is complaining about it not getting done, not about the refund. I don't see how this is something to sound the alarm about. (shrug)

+1

Doug, I know you'd always do your best. I purposely didn't name names, as I just wanted to see if it was a common occurence. Yes, I do get charged extra for color (even though I've supplied them a box of sharpies). I also know sometimes it's just not conceivable, but I was never informed of this. And how sure am I this wasn't a simple mistake? It's happened multiple times...And it's not like I'm getting 20 books in different colors. Generally it's only 2 to 3 at a time....

Are you prepping your books and requesting the ink color on the bag?

If you paid for a certain colour and arranged it ahead of time then I would suggest another facilitator. If you just sent the books and a bunch of sharpies with various requests then you need to communicate before sending the books. I rarely agree to gold and I also rarely ask for gold even though it pops very nicely on some books.

In the end if you communicated your expectations and it wasn't met then move on. A deal is a deal and it includes colours.

Most of the facilitators and CAWs that have commented have not completed colour requests at some point including me. :shy:

If there was an agreement for a refund, and the refund is not given, then we have an issue. But it seems to me the OP is complaining about it not getting done, not about the refund. I don't see how this is something to sound the alarm about. (shrug)

Again, you're missing the point. Simply asked if this was common, and if it wasn't, I will look for another facilitator....Not sure how you didn't get that....was a simple question...

If you paid for a certain colour and arranged it ahead of time then I would suggest another facilitator. If you just sent the books and a bunch of sharpies with various requests then you need to communicate before sending the books. I rarely agree to gold and I also rarely ask for gold even though it pops very nicely on some books.

In the end if you communicated your expectations and it wasn't met then move on. A deal is a deal and it includes colours.

Most of the facilitators and CAWs that have commented have not completed colour requests at some point including me. :shy:

Thanks mate...

Really dude? Any need for that? Did I accuse anyone? Did I say they were doing a **** job? Simply asked if other people were having this issue....Save your comments for someone else, you aren't helping...

Paying for a service, entitled to ask something if I'm not getting what I want....

Dude, I've had books signed just like you. Don't act as if you are the first kid to have his ice cream knocked over.

The point I'm making is unless you were robbed (and no refunds given) your complaint is not something to bring to the forum. If the job is not getting done, then find someone else to do it. WTF, you don't need board permission for that.