• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lessons learned. Thanks Mr. Postman.

16 posts in this topic

I will start by saying, I know that mail gets lost all the time. This is a fact not lost on me. That being said, this is the first shipment that I have ever sent out, that has been lost and I felt like venting about it. Plus, it just enforced a valuable lesson on to me, if the package is worth more than the insurance, buy it!

Long story short, I sold a 2-66 run of Preacher to a very patient and accepting member of these fine boards on or abouts February 1st. Tracking was loaded up on the USPS site and it appeared to be on its way. As of February 4th, the package was in Dallas and has not been seen since.

Several calls to the PO yielded very little. An investigation is still "on going." At this point, I am not confident the package will be found. Typically, I only insure shipments that are worth $200 or more. As of this incident, I feel that I must revisit that amount. On the bright side, PayPal actually let me dispute the shipping fee with no hesitation. Doubtful that it will be approved, but it is the thought that counts, right?

That about sums it up for my venting. Now back to your normally scheduled Wednesday CGC General programming.

LINK 1

LINK 2 Fill in tracking number. Hit enter. Fill in boxes to have email sent to you for updates on that tracking number.

These are the two best ways to "shake a package loose", without making phone calls. I once received a package several months after filling these out. I kid you not.

And I'm sure you've already called this number to file a report....

Domestic General Information

Call 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)

For Federal Relay (TDD/TTY), please call: 1-800-877-8339

Monday - Friday 8 AM - 8:30 PM ET

Saturday 8 AM - 6 PM ET

I had a media mail package full of trades vanish in Dallas a few years ago. If you sent media, good luck.

I did get the original label back about a year later

I was the purchaser. I think it was sent Parcel Select (the old Parcel Post). Still have fingers crossed that it shows up, but I'm a realist. Just wanted to add that seller is a stand-up guy and I would gladly do business with him again (as long as he sends priority ;) )

Where are you located (the sender)? 60+ comic books makes for a heavy box, and parcel post is very SLOW. Bad weather nationwide in Feb also caused major logjams for the USPS and most other carriers, so I wouldn't give up hope just yet...

LINK 1

LINK 2 Fill in tracking number. Hit enter. Fill in boxes to have email sent to you for updates on that tracking number.

These are the two best ways to "shake a package loose", without making phone calls. I once received a package several months after filling these out. I kid you not.

And I'm sure you've already called this number to file a report....

Domestic General Information

Call 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777)

For Federal Relay (TDD/TTY), please call: 1-800-877-8339

Monday - Friday 8 AM - 8:30 PM ET

Saturday 8 AM - 6 PM ET

Thanks for the links. I have filled out the form and will hope for the best.

Yes, I have definitely called the numbers provided.

Where are you located (the sender)? 60+ comic books makes for a heavy box, and parcel post is very SLOW. Bad weather nationwide in Feb also caused major logjams for the USPS and most other carriers, so I wouldn't give up hope just yet...

Texas. I considered the weather being an issue and still hold a small amount of hope that it is the reason for the delay.

I've heard of packages showing up up to 3-4 months later.

Actually, I think someone showed a beaten up parecel once that was delivered like almost a year after the fact. It was 2 trusted board members, they had pics and all (on another site). That was pretty crazy.

Either way, 64 comics is a BIG box. Tough for that to "get lost." I still hold out hope for ya. :wishluck:

If you sent it Parcel Select to Virginia, it will show up eventually. We've had DEATHSNOW here.

The very easy lesson learned is SHIP PRIORITY MAIL. Every. Single. Time. Pay the extra $10.

Yeah. Definitely happens sometimes. Bought a Brave and the Bold #93 CGC 9.2 off of Dale once. He sent it out and according to the tracking, it simply disappeared mid-way in transit. Really weird. I got a refund and he had to file a claim with USPS. Somewhere out there, someone got a free book, unless it's sitting in a dead letters' office somewhere.

Always good to include the address on a piece of paper inside the box. That way if the box gets too mangled for the address to be read, there is a chance for the box to eventually find its destination.

Not saying this seller didn't do this, but I receive a fair number of packages from eBay and from sellers on this board with nothing inside but the book or books.

Had a package that was shipped to me, the first 2, thats right two were lost, not to mention other packages to other individuals were also lost, just astonished that they would lose 2 packages. Never had an issue prior to that