• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ms Marvel 1 hype

44 posts in this topic

Granted, I also would never have expected the Guardians of the Galaxy to get their own film, so what do I know. In any event, Marvel has plenty of sure-thing material to get through before they need to start trolling C level characters that few have ever heard of.

The GotG shocked the heck out of me too. I actually have ZERO desire to see that movie. Wonder if I'll miss anything.

The GotG series and characters they are (presumably) basing the movie from is a great read - one of the best Marvel has put out in a long time. It's defintely worth giving a read if you're curious.

I think Sue Storm was integral in the Age of Ultron storyline (I didn't read it, just skipped around) and she was without the rest of the team. But I don't see Sue Storm being a stand-alone character like Carol Danvers.

Carol, Tigra and Spider-Woman. Ms. Marvel is doing well, but I'd love to see the other two make a comeback, too.

She was, she and Wolverine (and some of the stories are :sick: ).

I have tried an experiment to test my resistance and bought the spin-offs of Age of Ultron, and the only books I find almost acceptable (and well written) were two issues written by a british writer (Al Ewing). The characters portrayed (Black Widow, Moon Knight, etc) are still far from their own, but at least Ewing dramatizes in a convincing way, shows he has documented himself to some degree, and has a good writing pace.

I have recently picked Ms. Marvel #1 anyway, and I must admit it has good elements: not what I would call once again a Marvel comic, but the important part (showing the islamic heritage of the girl) is nicely done. I’d like to see what the writer will do with the book, but getting the new books in Italy is not easy as of now (not much more people following the books in english)…

I was in JCPenney over a month ago and they had a t-shirt with the usual suspects on it (Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, Wolverine, etc) and it also had Nova and Falcon on it.

You can tell what's coming even if you're not in the loop like we are.

I'm sure in 2015 we'll be seeing shirts with Black Panther, Dr. Strange and Ant-Man on them.

Peace,

Chip