• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Wolverine 1 GRADE IS IN

20 posts in this topic

Hi Josh! It's a tough one to call without seeing the book out of the plastic sleeve. Did you examine the book in it's entirety before sending it to Florida? Is the back cover in as good shape as the front cover? Are there any hidden defects such as indentation, impression marks etc.?

From what I think I can see there are two minute spine stresses and possibly the TLHC has a small bindery tear (it may be more visible from the back cover or it may just be a shadow from under the plastic sleeve) and possible very slight blunting of the BLHC (again this could easily be a shadow effect from being in the plastic sleeve during the scanning process)

I'll go out on a limb and agree with Hulksdaddy1 and say 9.8smiley-greet013.gif

Good luck with the submission and keep us informed of the results please?

There are no hidden defects that I'm aware of. I submitted the regular modern tier so I assume it will be a couple months before this book and the other two come back. I'm looking forward to getting a better understanding of the higher grades. Will of course post the results.

Little disappointed with this one.

Got a 9.4

Will have to take a closer look when it arrives in the mail

I will likely keep this one.

This is why a full out-of-bag inspection is warranted before sending in to be slabbed. ;)

Little disappointed with this one.

Got a 9.4

Will have to take a closer look when it arrives in the mail

I will likely keep this one.

This is why a full out-of-bag inspection is warranted before sending in to be slabbed. ;)

I did. I just didn't want to scan it out of the bag.

I wouldn't be too disappointed with a 9.4. But that's just me. Great book (thumbs u

(thumbs u ditto, except that he was expecting higher :grin:

Like me and girlfriends. Always expecting a NM+, ending up with Fine-

:sorry:

lol

:signfunny:lol - NICE!

Doesn't look too dissimilar from my Wolvie book. Sorry you got such a low grade, but enjoy it! Did they send the grader's notes with the book?

I don't have the book in hand yet back from cgc. Notes are extra. I'm probably not buying them but I will post them if I do.

Doesn't look too dissimilar from my Wolvie book. Sorry you got such a low grade, but enjoy it! Did they send the grader's notes with the book?

I don't have the book in hand yet back from cgc. Notes are extra. I'm probably not buying them but I will post them if I do.

I;m sorry to hear about that grade, you got a bad deal on that one. I'll never understand why CGC doesn't give the notes with the book, isn't that what you're paying for?

I;m sorry to hear about that grade, you got a bad deal on that one. I'll never understand why CGC doesn't give the notes with the book, isn't that what you're paying for?

Haha, in their mind you're paying for the grade. Information costs extra.

Haha, in their mind you're paying for the grade. Information costs extra.

I mean I can see charging randoms to look up grades on books, but the original submitter should get those notes with the grading. I would love to see a new company start up that can standardize how a books grade breaks down. In the sports card world the grading case has 4 categories with 4 grades and the overall grade is an average of those. In the comic world it could be Spine, staples, PQ, Cover. At least tell me what part of the books is bringing down the grade. There's just not enough competition in the comic grading world.