• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you care about 35c price variants?

Would you buy a 35 cent price variant?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a 35 cent price variant?

27 posts in this topic

I had a guy offer to sell me a stack of 35 cent price variants for a hefty price tag. I hadn't considered it because I'm not quite sure what the current market is on these since starting back up this hobby. The issues themselves had no relevant key characters or memorable covers. Can I get everyones expert opinions on these? Did I make a mistake not buying the collection?

I checked gpa and realized they actually separate the price variants into their own category which I found really interesting.

So let's poll!

Marvel 35-cent variants are well-known and important books in their own unique way, and there are MANY people who collect them, along with other BA variants.

I'm not an expert, but I can tell you from experience that they are not cheap, but sometimes you get lucky, even after all the data came to light many years ago in this new-fangled age of the intranets:

http://mysite.verizon.net/psmerolle/35variantlist.htm

I had a guy offer to sell me a stack of 35 cent price variants for a hefty price tag. I hadn't considered it because I'm not quite sure what the current market is on these since starting back up this hobby. The issues themselves had no relevant key characters or memorable covers. Can I get everyones expert opinions on these? Did I make a mistake not buying the collection?

I checked gpa and realized they actually separate the price variants into their own category which I found really interesting.

So let's poll!

You need to define stack and hefty.

So let's poll!

You need to define stack and hefty.

And provide a list of what, exactly, was in the stack...

Depends on the books, but I suspect you will be showered will PM's.

Its very popular to the right people. Some of the right ones are very hard to find and go for crazy money.

Depends on the books, but I suspect you will be showered will PM's.

Its very popular to the right people. Some of the right ones are very hard to find and go for crazy money.

I just saw what Star Wars 1 is raking in! unbelievable!!! pretty sure there wasn't any from what I remember

They do nothing for me, but I can understand the appeal of Marvel BA price variants to BA collectors, as there isn't much else that Marvel put out in that era that's a challenge to find.

People over price them but if the seller will do a FMV or give you a deal on them then buy it and join the club. (thumbs u

If you get the tougher books I will be your best friend.

I have a set of Ms. Marvel 35¢-ers to go with my run (I'm working on Novas now), I usually try to land the ones that I like because getting a whole set is not possible for me. I think they are great, and it seems that there's a pretty good market for them. Not necessarily hot, but enough interest that if a guy could get them bought right he'd make some money on them. $1k is a bit steep for 12 of them, they usually bingo out at $40-$80 in mid-grade. If you've got high grade ones (9.0 or better) you might be looking at an accurate valuation. The survivability of high grade 35¢-ers in the wild is pretty low from what I've seen and they command a pretty steep price - but I am not an expert.

I think the story behind them is great - they are a fun subset to collect.

What's the story with 35 c comics? Were they limited and printed for another price mostly? i have a bunch of these - need to go through my boxes. I know I have some IF but not sure which ones.