• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meet The New Catwoman!

127 posts in this topic

Pics of actress/dancer Camren Bicondova on set of FOX's Gotham City.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2585945/Camren-Bicondova-transforms-sexy-leather-clad-Catwoman-set-Gotham.html

http://www.newsarama.com/20642-fox-reveals-gotham-s-selina-kyle-look.html

Thoughts? Tread carefully though. She's only fourteen.

I think she'll be fine. She has a distinctive look, like Ashley Scott in Birds of Prey. There's been some negative comments on FB about photoshopping her poster though.

a 14YO that looks 30. Not buying her 'look'.....she looks like a soccer mom to me.

I'm wracking my brain to think up a *worse* choice for Catwoman.

what is a kid catwoman supposed to look like? And I think most of us on here aren't expert enough on fourteen year old actresses to know who would make a good or bad choice.

She might be good, might be bad, but early criticism of the idea to go 'young' makes more sense than bashing a kid.

Here's one....

RodneyDangerfield%20%20_orig.jpg

what is a kid catwoman supposed to look like? And I think most of us on here aren't expert enough on fourteen year old actresses to know who would make a good or bad choice.

She might be good, might be bad, but early criticism of the idea to go 'young' makes more sense than bashing a kid.

first of all i guess a kid should look like a kid. she looks 30. not bashing her, just bashing the choice of using her. second catgirl should look dark and disturbed not chipper.

first of all i guess a kid should look like a kid. she looks 30. not bashing her, just bashing the choice of using her. second catgirl should look dark and disturbed not chipper.

Those aren't pics taken during shooting, those are in between shots....I don't think she's required to act like an emo version of Courtney Love when the camera isn't rolling.

the better question is why is there a kid catwoman at all?

This show seemed interesting when it first announced, but now it seems it went a little too young in regards to the characters.

watch her be a ripoff capitalizing on Hitgirl. thats the real reason there needs to be a 'young catwoman'...thats why they picked a similar looking actress. remember hollywood is derivitive as hell.....

watch her be a ripoff capitalizing on Hitgirl. thats the real reason there needs to be a 'young catwoman'...thats why they picked a similar looking actress. remember hollywood is derivitive as hell.....

Wouldn't the reason be that the story is set when Gordon is a young cop, and Bruce Wayne is a young teen, and Selina Kyle is his contemporary?

She's not the only young version of a character, they all are.

Wouldn't the reason be that the story is set when Gordon is a young cop, and Bruce Wayne is a young teen, and Selina Kyle is his contemporary?

She's not the only young version of a character, they all are.

Watch this make total sense that they are all supposed to be younger at this point. Just watch it!

(:

yeah the whole 'young' thing I believe is trying to capitalize off the success of kickass.

thus its entirely bogus and therefore doomed to suck.

I don't think she'll want to be in Chloe Grace Moretz's shadow. I'm a fan of hers, but I skipped KA 2. It just looked to comic booky. This thing isn't gonna have flashy action pieces where a young girl takes a mob of security guards she's robbing with foul language. I think because they are thinking bigger picture, it will be more cerebral out of respect for the origins of what is to come. It'll build atmosphere with the characters and setting. If the producers are smart, they take a page or two from Kirsten Miller's Kiki Strike: Inside The Shadow City. Which is about a group of 14 year old delinquent girl-scout girl geniuses running New York City from underneath while running afoul of the mob and themselves.

Personally, I love this :censored: . This might work quite nicely in the Batman mythology for years to come. :whee:

yeah the whole 'young' thing I believe is trying to capitalize off the success of kickass.

thus its entirely bogus and therefore doomed to suck.

I don't think it is Kick-Azz they are going after. But maybe I am wrong.

If you are trying to develop a show meant to attract a younger audience to characters that are decades old, you may catch their attention better by starting young.

As much as I love the first Kick-Azz movie, that second one was so bad I wouldn't want anyone to copy that franchise's style.