• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When you receive a different CGC book than was pictured

244 posts in this topic

Take a nap and miss the fun.

For the "shady" comment I offer no hassle returns. Nothing shady when a buyer is completely covered long before eBay had their returns policy.

"posse" - lol Using this as a way of dismissing other opinions is just silly. It falls into the same logic as someone talking negative about a title must not have any or someone talking positive must be sitting on 100 copies.

Disclosure - I am usually a big fan of this but at the same time it is too open to interpretation. Some buyers seem to think there is a big difference between the book they're getting and the picture when I state this. I suppose if I received sufficient feedback I may revisit this.

Darkstar - you will use stock photo for a raw but not a CGC. That seems very silly to me and you only stated it to get a rise. With a raw you have the opportunity to show very detailed scans that you can't with a CGC. A CGC comic has their opinion of the grade and likely your opinion leading to the submission. The raw comic has only your opinion. Strange.

I sell almost exclusively brand new moderns. I sell Rachel Rising #1 and some 9.8 copies have a rub on the side which warrants a separate picture. 99% of all other books the multiples are essentially the exact same quality.

What's open to interpretation about whether or not you are using a stock photo? Either it's a photo of the item for sale or it isn't. That isn't a matter of opinion.

Did you read the post?

What's open to interpretation about whether or not you are using a stock photo? Either it's a photo of the item for sale or it isn't. That isn't a matter of opinion.

Did you read the post?

Yes.

Then I can't help you. (shrug)

For the "shady" comment I offer no hassle returns. Nothing shady when a buyer is completely covered long before eBay had their returns policy.

"posse" - lol Using this as a way of dismissing other opinions is just silly. It falls into the same logic as someone talking negative about a title must not have any or someone talking positive must be sitting on 100 copies.

Disclosure - I am usually a big fan of this but at the same time it is too open to interpretation. Some buyers seem to think there is a big difference between the book they're getting and the picture when I state this. I suppose if I received sufficient feedback I may revisit this.

Darkstar - you will use stock photo for a raw but not a CGC. That seems very silly to me and you only stated it to get a rise. With a raw you have the opportunity to show very detailed scans that you can't with a CGC. A CGC comic has their opinion of the grade and likely your opinion leading to the submission. The raw comic has only your opinion. Strange.

I sell almost exclusively brand new moderns. I sell Rachel Rising #1 and some 9.8 copies have a rub on the side which warrants a separate picture. 99% of all other books the multiples are essentially the exact same quality.

If you were to look up, "posse" in the dictionary, It wouldn't say, "a way of dismissing other opinions". I loosely used that word in the correct context.Keep in mind that I even put quotation marks around It to emphasize the slight sarcasm. Perhaps you don't know what the word means?

"Disclosure - I am usually a big fan of this but at the same time it is too open to interpretation. Some buyers seem to think there is a big difference between the book they're getting and the picture when I state this. I suppose if I received sufficient feedback I may revisit this."

Usually? Why am I not surprised? doh! You've already received negative feedback from good-standing board members just within the last hour or so. You ever stop to wonder why some buyers seem to think there might be a big difference between the book they're getting and the display picture? Apparently some people do need to receive sufficient feedback to reconsider their methods.

Did you read the post?

Yes.

Is that what you say to your unsatisfied customers?

Did you read the post?

Yes.

Is that what you say to your unsatisfied customers?

Don't have any. (shrug)

The answer to his question is in the same post that prompted his question. :makepoint:

If you were to look up, "posse" in the dictionary, It wouldn't say, "a way of dismissing other opinions". I loosely used that word in the correct context.Keep in mind that I even put quotation marks around It to emphasize the slight sarcasm. Perhaps you don't know what the word means?

"Disclosure - I am usually a big fan of this but at the same time it is too open to interpretation. Some buyers seem to think there is a big difference between the book they're getting and the picture when I state this. I suppose if I received sufficient feedback I may revisit this."

Usually? Why am I not surprised? doh! You've already received negative feedback from good-standing board members just within the last hour or so. You ever stop to wonder why some buyers seem to think there might be a big difference between the book they're getting and the display picture? Apparently some people do need to receive sufficient feedback to reconsider their methods.

You're just being silly. Carry on. lol

Is that all you got, buddy? :foryou:

Hard to argue with crazy. (shrug)

Not impossible...give it a try :baiting:

I guess this means you surrender. :banana:

I guess this means you surrender. :banana:

You gunna let him get away with that :baiting: