• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When you receive a different CGC book than was pictured

244 posts in this topic

Well that went in an unexpected direction. Heres those pictures I promised earlier, forgive me if theyre the wrong size, its my first time doing this :grin:

a>

a>

IMG_20140326_175311613-2

So in this instance, no, all 9.8 moderns aren't the same.

Well that went in an unexpected direction. Heres those pictures I promised earlier, forgive me if theyre the wrong size, its my first time doing this :grin:

a>

a>

IMG_20140326_175311613-2

I'm fairly certain no one has said all 9.8 moderns are the same.

In fact, I'm pretty sure several people said there are exceptions that are then noted, and that it was *most* moderns that were "the same."

hm

I could be wrong.

a>

a>

IMG_20140326_175311613-2

In fact, I'm pretty sure several people said there are exceptions that are then noted, and that it was *most* moderns that were "the same."

hm

I could be wrong.

"Modern 9.8's all look the same. That's what branget is saying. Books from copper and earlier can look different so it's best to use individual scans. Branget is correct though, no difference between modern 9.8's so a stock photo for a walking dead 115 9.8 is good if you have 5 9.8 slabs of it." -youmechoose, page 6

The white paper sticking out of the top is the microchamber.

That piece of white fluff on the front of the book could be anything. Unfortunately, that happens. (My grail, a cap #3, got a thick white hair that almost looks like a bit-off fingernail right across cap's face while in CGC's care. Since it is a yellow label, the only way to remove it would be to send it back to them.)

The top two corners are cracked, and it looks from the photo like the upper label has been messed with. Probably means nothing, but if you were given the choice of a return, I'd take it without hesitation.

a>

a>

IMG_20140326_175311613-2

hm

I could be wrong.

"Modern 9.8's all look the same. That's what branget is saying. Books from copper and earlier can look different so it's best to use individual scans. Branget is correct though, no difference between modern 9.8's so a stock photo for a walking dead 115 9.8 is good if you have 5 9.8 slabs of it." -youmechoose, page 6

:popcorn:

The white paper sticking out of the top is the microchamber.

That piece of white fluff on the front of the book could be anything. Unfortunately, that happens. (My grail, a cap #3, got a thick white hair that almost looks like a bit-off fingernail right across cap's face while in CGC's care. Since it is a yellow label, the only way to remove it would be to send it back to them.)

The top two corners are cracked, and it looks from the photo like the upper label has been messed with. Probably means nothing, but if you were given the choice of a return, I'd take it without hesitation.

CGC: maybe give your books a once-over before sending them out. At least the grails...this would bug me more I looked at it, like a bad tattoo.

a>

a>

IMG_20140326_175311613-2

hm

I could be wrong.

I stand by what I said. The plastic case might not look the same, in this case cracked, but that book probably does. Ask beachbum how many of his customers, who are subscribers, ask for scans of the 15+ saga #15 9.8's he has so they can choose the one that looks more 9.8 than the other 9.8.

The plastic case might not look the same, in this case cracked, but that book probably does.

So, if this were your comic, would you sell it without disclosing those cracks?

If you had bought that comic without the seller disclosing those cracks, would you be okay with it?

The plastic case might not look the same, in this case cracked, but that book probably does.

So, if this were your comic, would you sell it without disclosing those cracks?

If you had bought that comic without the seller disclosing those cracks, would you be okay with it?

Never said that. If the slab is cracked, I don't sell it. Difference between selling a duplicate of a 9.8 slab and selling a damaged slab.