• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Do I Find Out If I Bought A Stolen Book?

118 posts in this topic

I'm on a work computer so not sure i can post a pic but its a cgc 3.5 ASM1

cert # 0700707001. It was posted on a selling site but nothing like CL or anything like that.

The site sent an invoice and the description says 21 day money back guarantee.

Just a little nervous because iif it sounds too good to be true most of the time it is

I'm almost hesitant to ask this here because the book is not "in my hands" and I may be the target of a scam that I read about frequently here.

I JUST purchased a Silver Age KEY on a non-comic site. It had been up only a few hours...paid thru paypal with a 21 days return policy stated on the post. I bought it for nearly nothing and now I'm scared the book may be stolen. Is there somewhere I can go on the registry to see if someone is looking for a stolen book?

So basically ... the deal was too good to be true?

Well, you know what they say about that.

+ Infinity +1

I'm on a work computer so not sure i can post a pic but its a cgc 3.5 ASM1

cert # 0700707001. It was posted on a selling site but nothing like CL or anything like that.

The site sent an invoice and the description says 21 day money back guarantee.

Just a little nervous because iif it sounds too good to be true most of the time it is

Price? Site? Come on bro stop the trickle if you want our help...

cant help without any evidence. was it an AF 15 ebay scam?

since he said non-comic, Im assuming its not craigslist or ebay...

maybe... OP providing some details (since s/he is looking for answers) would be nice

:baiting:

Perhaps then it was Overstock.com?

:jokealert:

OP..details, disclose please!

I bought it for $475 on etsy

Yeah that would be a scam....thats a $2000 - $4000 book.

No ETSY.....It's a site that Atrist and crafters sell there wares...I was looking for some type of art to include in my comic book room and searched "comic book" this ad popped up.

I'm aware of what ETSY offers. Now I'm amazed to find so many comics for sale there.

Can you share the sellers ID on etsy?

IDK I'm fairly gullible I guess....But its an established site with a return policy. It's not like he sent me his email and I went to paypal and sent the $$... They sent an invoice. So I figured I would take the chance.