• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomato Box Alert: Astonishing Tales #25 Deathlok Anyone?

31 posts in this topic

How sharp are the top and bottom right corners in-hand? I think the JPEG compression is making them appear slightly rounded. Sure is gorgeous. I don't see anything that would prohibit 9.4. Could be a 9.6, but I dunno. confused-smiley-013.gif

gossip.gifI won't tell anyone if you want to straighten out that top edge if ya know what I mean.

How sharp are the top and bottom right corners in-hand? I think the JPEG compression is making them appear slightly rounded. Sure is gorgeous. I don't see anything that would prohibit 9.4. Could be a 9.6, but I dunno. confused-smiley-013.gif

gossip.gifI won't tell anyone if you want to straighten out that top edge if ya know what I mean.

893whatthe.gif

You mean you think that upper staple stress is worthy of NM grade?

At best this is a 8.0 book.

Could be. The scan is much larger than actual size. I think it's making the stresses look larger and more severe than they actually are.

That's what I figure... besides, with the grades that I've seen given on CGC'ed books lately, I wouldn't be surprised to see this one hit a 9.6. 27_laughing.gif

I agree there's a bit too much going on w/the top staple, plus the corner blunting...

What's with the line thru the top of the "D" in "Deathlok"? Is that just scanner artifacting or a production crease? Assuming yes, I'd say this is a NM- 9.2 book.

893whatthe.gif

You mean you think that upper staple stress is worthy of NM grade?

At best this is a 8.0 book.

This is the funniest post I've ever read! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif