• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

PS there is no perfect crime-there's always something unexpected-always. Only luck will save you, and that is unpredictable....

you have no idea how many times I've thought of committing the perfect crime to inherit the house already, these people just wont die. I need my inheritance now.

Get this-one dude was convicted on a tiny, half pencil-eraser size piece from a dollar bill. He robbed, shot and killed his victim. One of the bullets went through victim's rt front pocket, and clipped off a tiny piece of the bill. A really good CSI tech (and no they do NOT interview suspects-they'd be fired for that!) picked the tiny piece of paper from the pocket, realizing its importance. When the suspect was apprehended, the bill was matched by stereomicroscope to the fragment....

I'm not smart enough to commit the perfect crime anyway, just fantasies really. A boy can dream, can't he!

Edited by Conan_Aficionado

there was one hitman called the "Iceman' who would go in a bar and spill his drink on victim. There's a chemical which pulls any solute into the bloodstream....solutes like Cyanide.....

there was one hitman called the "Iceman' who would go in a bar and spill his drink on victim. There's a chemical which pulls any solute into the bloodstream....solutes like Cyanide.....

They made a decent movie about it.

Disturbing because it was true!

The%2BIceman%2BTeaser%2BPoster.jpg

Thats the dude-havent seen the movie did he do the drink thing in it?

Classic sociopath BTW. Ps sociopath does not necessarily mean criminal. You could be living with a sociopath and not know it. Here's a test-ask them:

A woman goes to her father's funeral and meets the man of her dreams her soul mate. But he leaves before she can get his number.

A week later she murders her sister. Why do you think she did that?

Edited by kav

EVERY book with good edges 'might be trimmed'. Every one. IMO trimming has too much stigma. If it's very very minor and basically undetectable it should be like pressing.

:facepalm:

CGC said they cannot detect pressing with 100% certainty so that is why pressed books get blue label.

Next I guess if CGC cannot detect micro-trimming with 100% certainty then you will see micro-trimmed books getting blue label.

Soon, you will have people offering micro-trimming service and most of CGC blue labels will be pressed, micro-trimmed, spine reversed and costanzed.

Is this where you think the hobby is going ?

DIMETHYLSULFOXIDE

WHY did you tell everyone?????

EVERY book with good edges 'might be trimmed'. Every one. IMO trimming has too much stigma. If it's very very minor and basically undetectable it should be like pressing.

CGC said they cannot detect pressing with 100% certainty so that is why pressed books get blue label.

Next I guess if CGC cannot detect micro-trimming with 100% certainty then you will see micro-trimmed books getting blue label.

Soon, you will have people offering micro-trimming service and most of CGC blue labels will be pressed, micro-trimmed, spine reversed and costanzed.

Micro trimming and pressing are unnoticable whereas Costanzas stick out like a sore.....

Micro trimming and pressing are unnoticable whereas Costanzas stick out like a sore.....

They still get a blue label though and a grade bump most of the time... :gossip:

They still get a blue label though and a grade bump most of the time... :gossip:

I know and THAT is wrong....

you have no idea how many times I've thought of committing the perfect crime to inherit the house already, these people just wont die. I need my inheritance now.

Get this-one dude was convicted on a tiny, half pencil-eraser size piece from a dollar bill. He robbed, shot and killed his victim. One of the bullets went through victim's rt front pocket, and clipped off a tiny piece of the bill. A really good CSI tech (and no they do NOT interview suspects-they'd be fired for that!) picked the tiny piece of paper from the pocket, realizing its importance. When the suspect was apprehended, the bill in his possession was matched by stereomicroscope to the fragment....

Need Dexter to get to the bottom of this.

Get this-one dude was convicted on a tiny, half pencil-eraser size piece from a dollar bill. He robbed, shot and killed his victim. One of the bullets went through victim's rt front pocket, and clipped off a tiny piece of the bill. A really good CSI tech (and no they do NOT interview suspects-they'd be fired for that!) picked the tiny piece of paper from the pocket, realizing its importance. When the suspect was apprehended, the bill in his possession was matched by stereomicroscope to the fragment....

I like stories

I think many are in denial about micro trimming. It probably gets snuck by quite a bit unfortuanetly.......

Need Dexter to get to the bottom of this.

Dexter is a weak copy of the character Bekker in the David Wiltse books.

I think many are in denial about micro trimming. It probably gets snuck by quite a bit unfortuanetly.......

I'm telling you some stereomicroscopes and some training and all this goes away.

Classic sociopath BTW. Ps sociopath does not necessarily mean criminal. You could be living with a sociopath and not know it. Here's a test-ask them:

A woman goes to her father's funeral and meets the man of her dreams her soul mate. But he leaves before she can get his number.

Does that fact that I don't know the answer to this question mean I am relatively normal or that I am a sociopath?

Does that fact that I don't know the answer to this question mean I am relatively normal or that I am a sociopath?

No just make up any answer then I'll give you a diagnosis.

Conversely, does the fact that I do know the answer mean I am a sociopath?

I"m guessing the options are either to murder the sister to get the guy to show up to another family funeral, or maybe the non-sociopath thing to do would be to check the guest book and see if any single men signed and approach it that way...