• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

EVERY book with good edges 'might be trimmed'. Every one. IMO trimming has too much stigma. If it's very very minor and basically undetectable it should be like pressing.

If you open that can of worms, this thread will never end. Someone might even point out that given the variance in production of older books it's possible for a trimmed book to have more "real estate" than an untrimmed copy that was chopped a bit narrowly at the printing plant.

this is exactly what I'm getting at. Of all the resto possibilities, exceedingly well done trimming is the best case scenario. Because whether paper was cut at the plant or by some dude, if it looks exactly the same what does it matter? I AM OPENING THIS CAN OF WHOOP- UH....WORMS!

Take a break, you really don't need to be a everyday of the week. (thumbs u

Then you don't know Kav at all....

:baiting:

NOOB....

f-Oh-Really-3344.gif

Another thing-you should be able to paste missing panels etc on an otherwise nice book without some silly 'resto' stigmata.....I mean really.....

As I stated previously. If they are certain, then give it a "trimmed" label. But if they ain't sure. Then it gets blue. A reputable business model, IMO. If your doctor believes you are diabetic and need insulin, but is not sure. He better not tell you to start taking insulin.

He has to be certain you are diabetic before he prescribes insulin shots. Or he is in big trouble.

And if the doctor fails in the diagnosis.....my glucose levels keep ramping up until I go into a coma.

Another thing-you should be able to paste missing panels etc on an otherwise nice book without some silly 'resto' stigmata.....I mean really.....

albundygif.gif

Ok maybe not paste-but tape definitely.

You have reached the end of the internet.

Go outside. :makepoint:

If done with Elmer's Glue, I agree. Just lower the grade but keep the blue label. If it's done in a professional manner then you just have to give it a PLOD.

:banana:

If done with Elmer's Glue, I agree. Just lower the grade but keep the blue label. If it's done in a professional manner then you just have to give it a PLOD.

9v8pxh.gif

9v8pxh.gif

I got that reference

9v8pxh.gif

lol

:headbang:

9v8pxh.gif

lol

:headbang:

:applause:

I too have not read this entire thread but I get the jist of it.

Would it be more conducive to discretely "tattoo" the interior of the book with the CGC number to prevent this kind of fiasco? I think it would certainly prevent the books from going through the resubmittal and screwing up the census.

If i remember correctly, PSA/DNA has invisible ink. CGC could use that to barcode a book.

THEY BETTER NOT.

I don't want them adding chemicals to a book I won.

If I take it out and keep it raw why should they keep their mark on it

If they were to use invisible UV ink to "tattoo" the book in an inconspicuous area inside the book what difference would it make to you? Just means that if someone were to resubmit the book for grading it would come up in the CGC system as a book that had already been graded.

At least the customer could be notified that the book had previously been graded. I'm sure there are other logical advantages that could come of this!

That the book was previously means squat.

The person breaks it out for SS or mishandles it. IT results in new grade. The tattoo will accomplish nothing except add chemicals to a book that is sensitive to chemicals

So tell me why someone would break it out of a holder, mis-handle it and then submit it to expect a higher grade??????????????????????

They might resub after SS

They might break it open to read for their own collection and decide to reesub knowing it will get a lower grade. Is CGC supposed to re-Tattoo a book each time it comes in?

+1 Tattooing a book is pointless. Especially if you are a SS freak and keep breaking it out to have more names put on.

I once had a book I crack Multiple times and Had 9 sigs on it

The book would only be tagged with invisible ink once. Then cgc could document its history linked to that serial number. Would actually be able to track the provenance.

A Little water and the key could be reased

And I suppose the water would help to increase the grade and value of the book?

Would it be more conducive to discretely "tattoo" the interior of the book with the CGC number to prevent this kind of fiasco? I think it would certainly prevent the books from going through the resubmittal and screwing up the census.

If i remember correctly, PSA/DNA has invisible ink. CGC could use that to barcode a book.

THEY BETTER NOT.

If they were to use invisible UV ink to "tattoo" the book in an inconspicuous area inside the book what difference would it make to you? Just means that if someone were to resubmit the book for grading it would come up in the CGC system as a book that had already been graded.

At least the customer could be notified that the book had previously been graded. I'm sure there are other logical advantages that could come of this!

The person breaks it out for SS or mishandles it. IT results in new grade. The tattoo will accomplish nothing except add chemicals to a book that is sensitive to chemicals

So tell me why someone would break it out of a holder, mis-handle it and then submit it to expect a higher grade??????????????????????

They might break it open to read for their own collection and decide to reesub knowing it will get a lower grade. Is CGC supposed to re-Tattoo a book each time it comes in?

+1 Tattooing a book is pointless. Especially if you are a SS freak and keep breaking it out to have more names put on.

The book would only be tagged with invisible ink once. Then cgc could document its history linked to that serial number. Would actually be able to track the provenance.

If Stan Lee used the water definitely. And what's the deal with all the quote fails????

THEY BETTER NOT.

On a serious note. I think the idea of tattooing each CGC graded book with indelible invisible ink would eliviate a lot of the issues around this CPR business.

Edited by timern

THEY BETTER NOT.

Like I've said before, water only increases the grade on Aquaman books :)