• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

Kav's on the case....

Ok I don't think replacing staples should be bad either. Or tape, if it's well placed.

Kav, you should think more and post less.

If I said that about every person on this board that said something ridiculous, Kav would say I post too much. lol

BAZINGA

Kav = 92 posts in this thread

Out of 783 posts in this thread so far. Or 8.5%

Yup.

Someone's got more time on their hands than me......

PS is this some kind of new information??? Something that hasn't been brought up before maybe???

This thread was started about going from Blue to Purple (and now back to Blue), not about a book being graded tight or not. If a new co could detect resto better, it would benefit ALL of us!

This would be great but this is not reality. The reality is, right now, no one in this hobby is better at detecting resto than CGC. They made a mistake on this book, that sucks. Tomorrow, they will still be the best at detecting resto. It would take years for a new company to approach CGCs ability to detect resto and more years to convince the market. What they have learned from the Ewert scandal and several other lesser storms is invaluable. I've read every post in this thread and I've read most posts in the other thread and there is still no one I'd trust more with a resto check than CGC.

CGC has some real issues, the lack of communication and slow TAT's spring to mind and competition would be great, but there is a reason that no one has taken that dive.

Also, if CGC loosens it's standards on trimming then more books will get trimmed. It would be a damn shame if that was the outcome of this situation.

The reality is, right now, no one in this hobby is better at detecting resto than CGC.

:gossip: I'd bet DD could teach them a thing or two.

They should at least hire him to do an in-service....

Someone contact Chuck Norris ( Colonel Bradock ) from " MIssing in Action ". Kav hasn't posted in ten minutes. hm

These threads always end up being about me.

:cloud9:

#1, there's no need to destroy the book. The book didn't do anything.

#2, those of you who think the new submitter "gamed" the system, unless he/she bribed a grader, he/she didn't "game" anything. You pay for the service, you get the service. If I'd rather have my coppers graded by, say, Caffrey...and I would...am I "gaming" the system if I have him look at them? Am I "gaming" the system if I pre-screen?

If there's a perceived lack of consistency because of outside events, and everyone can be aware of those events (as the information is quite public), that is CGC's problem to address...not any submitter.

Totally agree with you on #1. However on #2, the facts are incriminating, especially with the timing. If he really didn't game the system, why doesn't he speak up and defend his position ?

Are there any real collectors left out there ? Someone who buys a book and actually keeps it ?

:signfunny:

The reality is, right now, no one in this hobby is better at detecting resto than CGC.

:gossip: I'd bet DD could teach them a thing or two.

Indeed, when Dupcak starts a grading and resto check service, pardon me if I don't get in line lol

I could see Kav theoretically passing 4,000 posts in this thread alone.

If they don't lock it, I'm down for that.

I like to think there isn't a way to 'game' the system... A few people on here who's opinion's and knowledge on this I respect greatly, say there isn't... But I also know the PERCEPTION amongst many... more than many,... is that they believe there is... And that needs to be something CGC is concerned with.

No matter how much the truth may be the truth, perception can overtake it. And that could be damaging.

I really don't think it was gaming. I still think it was the old 'can't admit you were wrong' syndrome....

I like to think there isn't a way to 'game' the system... A few people on here who's opinion's and knowledge on this I respect greatly, say there isn't... But I also know the PERCEPTION amongst many... more than many,... is that they believe there is... And that needs to be something CGC is concerned with.

No matter how much the truth may be the truth, perception can overtake it. And that could be damaging.

Timing it so your book is set to be finalized when all the top graders are not around to do so is gaming the system, unless you want to think it was a coincidence. It shows that the person was pretty familiar with CGCs workings and from that I think it shows he is a pretty heavy submitter. Sending a newbie friend here to say the submitter was aware of this but don't see the need to respond, if true, is just weak.