• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

And I don't think your stupidity is an act...

I trust your judgment. You would certainly be the local stupidity expert.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, and not the movie with Joseph Cotton.

It's always the same fools on the anti-Kav bandwagon. What a circle jerk.

In my book whoever has to hurl insults first has lost the argument.

It's fairly common knowledge that CGC's resto detection has gotten better over the years - I think it's much more likely that this was a restored book sitting in a blue label slab than the other way around.

Common knowledge.....or common misconception?

As far as I know this isn't the first time where an old blue label book turned purple upon resubmission. Isn't it fairly safe to say that Ewert wouldn't be able to push his micro-trimmed books through CGC these days?

I couldn't make that statement with even an ounce of confidence. For all any of us know, Ewert passed the JIM past CGC the 1st time, and passes micro-trimmed books thru CGC all the time.

Honestly....how would you know? (shrug)

***You are ignoring this user***

:cloud9:

Man, this thread reads a lot faster with Kav on ignore (thumbs u

If you tell someone you're ignoring them that's not ignoring them.

A fool, hardly. But I'll paypal you $50.00 to stop your worthless, endless babbling for 24 hours.

A fool, hardly. But I'll paypal you $50.00 to stop your worthless, endless babbling for 24 hours.

You have a deal

ddkaviraj@aol.com

For the love of God.....

Take a...

Qyo64Zc.jpg

I envision another scenario where The CGC purchases the JIM, attaches a thin chain to the top two corners, then uses it as an in-house dunce cap by making any employee who up wear it around his or her neck for the day.

Or maybe... :o give it to a child to read;) ?

You have a deal

ddkaviraj@aol.com

:lol:

You post too much.

You have a deal

ddkaviraj@aol.com

:lol:

You post too much.

If he pays me you won't see me for 24 hrs

I guarantee it.

But it's probly just BS like everything else he says....

Just to be clear, CGC has not made a public statement? Not to take anything from Spider Dan, but have they posted a response on here at this point? I'd like to hear it from them.

Oh and I'm all over the Kav bandwagon. Let me know where I sign up!

Just to be clear, CGC has not made a public statement? Not to take anything from Spider Dan, but have they posted a response on here at this point? I'd like to hear it from them.

Read the thread. :makepoint:

Greetings all,

So in going over this JIM #83, we made a mistake on this one.

The book IS trimmed (on the top edge of the cover), as we went over it thoroughly in February. So how did it come through just last week and go out the door as a blue label? Well, first off, it was certainly *not* any kind of under-the-table deal with anybody. As it has been often stated, the graders do not know who the submitter is and grades every book as if it is the first time they have seen it. This also has nothing to do with which graders saw the book. Quite simply, when it comes to checking for restoration, some books are *obviously* restored (or trimmed) and some are obviously not. There are a few books, though, where the restoration can be extremely subtle and require extra scrutiny. If nothing sends up a "red flag" for the particular graders on a book, it can, unfortunately (but rarely), get by us.

Like others have said in this thread, and we have stated ourselves, we are not perfect. But the team of graders we have here are, bar none, the best in the business. In grading nearly 3 million books, we have admittedly made errors. But when an error is brought to our attention we fix whatever the problem is. We strive to "make it right" for the owner so that everyone comes away satisfied.

Right now we are in the process of purchasing the JIM #83 from the new owner in order to remove it from the market.

We obviously take great pride in the confidence that people have in CGC, we appreciate their trust, and are always trying to improve our company in every way, from restoration detection, to turnaround times, to our holder, and more.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Read the thread. :makepoint:

It is long! Save me some trouble. I usually keep up on the reading but had a big deadline at work. I read the update on page 96.

You sign up here, by paypalling me $50

Put your money where your fat mouth is.

For once.

:bump: for the reading challenged

Greetings all,

The book IS trimmed (on the top edge of the cover), as we went over it thoroughly in February. So how did it come through just last week and go out the door as a blue label? Well, first off, it was certainly *not* any kind of under-the-table deal with anybody. As it has been often stated, the graders do not know who the submitter is and grades every book as if it is the first time they have seen it. This also has nothing to do with which graders saw the book. Quite simply, when it comes to checking for restoration, some books are *obviously* restored (or trimmed) and some are obviously not. There are a few books, though, where the restoration can be extremely subtle and require extra scrutiny. If nothing sends up a "red flag" for the particular graders on a book, it can, unfortunately (but rarely), get by us.

Like others have said in this thread, and we have stated ourselves, we are not perfect. But the team of graders we have here are, bar none, the best in the business. In grading nearly 3 million books, we have admittedly made errors. But when an error is brought to our attention we fix whatever the problem is. We strive to "make it right" for the owner so that everyone comes away satisfied.

Right now we are in the process of purchasing the JIM #83 from the new owner in order to remove it from the market.

We obviously take great pride in the confidence that people have in CGC, we appreciate their trust, and are always trying to improve our company in every way, from restoration detection, to turnaround times, to our holder, and more.

Greetings all,

Thank you for helping me out!

You sign up here, by paypalling me $50

Put your money where your fat mouth is.

For once.

I'd rather spend the money on comics, but thanks (thumbs u