• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

Buyer said it was OK to share

- As of 9am this morning CGC wanted the book to look it over again and make a determination. Offered buyer $3500 to buy the book outright.

- Buyer does not respond to CGC as he wants to keep the book for his collection (his intentions the entire time)

- CGC makes a statement around 5pm stating they are in the process of buying the book back, and it is DEFINATELY trimmed

What to believe?? Maybe I'm the one being April Fooled (shrug)

WTF?

This book went from Blue to Purple to Blue...and NOW it's most definitely Purple without even looking at it?!

That's :censored:

Just to be clear, CGC has not made a public statement? Not to take anything from Spider Dan, but have they posted a response on here at this point? I'd like to hear it from them.

Oh and I'm all over the Kav bandwagon. Let me know where I sign up!

You sign up here, by paypalling me $50

Put your money where your fat mouth is.

For once.

I'd rather spend the money on comics, but thanks (thumbs u

Then why did you ask where to sign up?

What a poser....

Oh and the title should have the page where CGC made the comment rather than the summary in the title. It'd speed up the process.

The idea of removing this from the market seems really odd and sends up a bunch of red flags. It will eventually end up in the market be it in a year, ten, or fifty.

Will it be disclosed then?

The buyer is a boardie. Why is he not on here speaking for himself? What was and was not said between him and CGC would be a lot more credible coming from him then it is coming secondhand from Dan.

Why not speak up? What's he got to lose? Or is there something we're not supposed to know...

hm

Just to be clear, CGC has not made a public statement? Not to take anything from Spider Dan, but have they posted a response on here at this point? I'd like to hear it from them.

For once.

What a poser….

How about you just keep posting 50 times to everyone else's 1? Leave the wit and sarcasm to the professionals.

Buyer said it was OK to share

- As of 9am this morning CGC wanted the book to look it over again and make a determination. Offered buyer $3500 to buy the book outright.

- Buyer does not respond to CGC as he wants to keep the book for his collection (his intentions the entire time)

- CGC makes a statement around 5pm stating they are in the process of buying the book back, and it is DEFINATELY trimmed

What to believe?? Maybe I'm the one being April Fooled (shrug)

WTF?

This book went from Blue to Purple to Blue...and NOW it's most definitely Purple without even looking at it?!

That's :censored:

Maybe something in the notes for all three subs? Does CGC scan every book regardless of whether a submitter pays for it? Perhaps they have records of all books and can take a look after it's left?

For once.

What a poser….

How about you just keep posting 50 times to everyone else's 1? Leave the wit and sarcasm to the professionals.

Hyperbole much?

Your wit is about as professional as Kramer's stand-up routine....

And I don't think your stupidity is an act...

I trust your judgment. You would certainly be the local stupidity expert.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, and not the movie with Joseph Cotton.

It's always the same fools on the anti-Kav bandwagon. What a circle jerk.

In my book whoever has to hurl insults first has lost the argument.

A fool, hardly. But I'll paypal you $50.00 to stop your worthless, endless babbling for 24 hours.

You have a deal

ddkaviraj@aol.com

So disappear for the 24 hours. When you com back, you get paid. I don't know many jobs that pay you before you perform the service. In the meantime, we'll have a telethon and see what we raise.

However, detecting whether or not it is restored is not something that is able to be done with 100% certainty. Especially trimming.

Has anyone ever claimed they can detect trimming with 100% accuracy?

:makepoint:

I'm pretty sure if You gave me a stereomicroscope and some trimmed and untrimmed books and a few hours I would have a 100% error-free trimming detection rate.....

For once.

What a poser....

Hi kav.

You need some decaf. I'm buying.

And the book quote=Bleuhawaii]

The buyer is a boardie. Why is he not on here speaking for himself? What was and was not said between him and CGC would be a lot more credible coming from him then it is coming secondhand from Dan.

Why not speak up? What's he got to lose? Or is there something we're not supposed to know...

hm

Whether or not there was any intent to play the system, the buyer and the book (as it sits now) I would think will be forever be labeled. Just like the bathroom book from Seinfeld.

And I don't think your stupidity is an act...

I trust your judgment. You would certainly be the local stupidity expert.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, and not the movie with Joseph Cotton.

It's always the same fools on the anti-Kav bandwagon. What a circle jerk.

In my book whoever has to hurl insults first has lost the argument.

A fool, hardly. But I'll paypal you $50.00 to stop your worthless, endless babbling for 24 hours.

You have a deal

ddkaviraj@aol.com

So disappear for the 24 hours. When you com back, you get paid. I don't know many jobs that pay you before you perform the service. In the meantime, we'll have a telethon and see what we raise.

Yeah see knowing the personalities involved I need the cash up front. Otherwise the miscreant will boast about how he got Kav to shut up and didn't pay him. If I get paid, and post, I will look like a dishonest cretin. His money is safe-if he pays me, I will honor the terms of the contract.

Leave the wit and sarcasm to the professionals.

Your wit is about as professional as Kramer's stand-up routine....

Yet wit it is, thus making his point that you have none valid.

However, detecting whether or not it is restored is not something that is able to be done with 100% certainty. Especially trimming.

Has anyone ever claimed they can detect trimming with 100% accuracy?

:makepoint:

I'm pretty sure if You gave me a stereomicroscope and some trimmed and untrimmed books and a few hours I would have a 100% error-free trimming detection rate.....

Oh, yes :doh:

For once.

What a poser....

Hi kav.

You need some decaf. I'm buying.

Bro I was just making posts on the topic. I had not attacked anyone. Then the usual suspects show up and start calling me stupid, nonsense etc. How on Earth am I the one that needs decaf?

I think a fair solution to this would be to take a market to the front cover so there is no question of it ever trying to sneak past CGCs detection system again,reslab it and return it to Spider Dan who can sell it.

Just taking it back and having it disappear into the Heritage/ Collectors World vault is

just asking for trouble.