• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ive lost ALL confidence in CGC - UPDATE on page 221
2 2

2,401 posts in this topic

We've spun in to the "carpet probabilities" vortex now...

:ohnoez:

How many other places can this thread go as we bide our time for a response (or responses) that may never come?

The_World_May_Never_Know.jpeg

Maybe that's the carpet in the house of the CGC resto expert? He takes 'em home and kicks 'em around like PGX.

That book was never a 6.0 purple or blue.

Well, it was graded 6.0 blue twice and 7.0 purple once (not 6.0), but you have a point.

All possibly trimmed books should be put into gray labels.

Solved.;)

We've spun in to the "carpet probabilities" vortex now...

:ohnoez:

How many other places can this thread go as we bide our time for a response (or responses) that may never come?

lol

We could discuss if CGC could open up a new revenue stream.

Allow the taking or laying of odds as vintage submissions come in. Grade Label Keno.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/04/when-a-cgcd-comic-goes-from-unrestores-to-restored-and-back-again/

Although I'm sure all interested parties have probably heard about this story by now. Bleeding Cool wanted to make sure too.

Someone mentioned that both carpets looked the same, now that I see the two shots together I can see what they meant.

hm...I've thought to myself, it wouldn't surprise me if Dan and the new buyer should be the same person.

:facepalm:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/04/when-a-cgcd-comic-goes-from-unrestores-to-restored-and-back-again/

Although I'm sure all interested parties have probably heard about this story by now. Bleeding Cool wanted to make sure too.

Someone mentioned that both carpets looked the same, now that I see the two shots together I can see what they meant.

hm...I've thought to myself, it wouldn't surprise me if Dan and the new buyer should be the same person.

:facepalm:

It doesn't matter to me who the submitters are. That's not the problem.

Here's the problem:

Screw up 4 books 1 time each, that's human error. I can accept that.

Screw up 1 book 4 times, that's incompetence.

:makepoint:

It's the same rug. :gossip:

Never takes you long to jump on the "Anti-Dan" "Dan's a liar" band wagon

hm

Rug = Dan? :screwy:

Better?

I was struck by this part of the thread, when you posted:

My "model" is to seek out books that look undergraded in hopes of an upgrade. A bit of a gamble I know, but Im willing to take that gamble. Many people on these Boards including you have benefitted from this.

Ive always been honest about it, and never tried to hide it

Until others pointed out you were selling on these boards 9.6s that had previously graded 9.2s, 9.4s that had previously graded 9.0s, and pedigree books that had lost their designations when you had them regraded, you hid it.

As for this thread, it's good that you went public with the label color change on the JIM83 - it's another excellent reminder that CGC isn't completely accurate in assessing trimming.

hm

Better?

I do like this part of your thread:

My "model" is to seek out books that look undergraded in hopes of an upgrade. A bit of a gamble I know, but Im willing to take that gamble. Many people on these Boards including you have benefitted from this.

Until others pointed out you were selling on these boards 9.6s that had previously graded 9.2s, 9.4s that had previously graded 9.0s, and pedigree books that had lost their designations when you had them regraded, you hid it.

As for this thread, it's good that you went public with the label color change on the JIM83 - it's another excellent reminder that CGC isn't completely accurate in assessing trimming.

Why the edit?

THIS JUST IN:

After careful consideration by everyone in the building, CGC is 100% sure that Dan's carpet has been trimmed as well.

:jokealert:

Nice :roflmao:

hm

Better?

I was struck by this part of the thread, when you posted:

Before you ask, and for the sake of disclosure.....

I do NOT know the origin of MY carpet, or the buyers carpet. I could PM him if its that important to you (shrug)

Deflect much?

Perhaps you'd have held a more realistic appraisal of CGC graded books had you been aware of prior threads on the boards discussing the very issue under consideration here: that labels have changed from blue to green or purple and back to blue again in the hands of several board members.