• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLASH #139 CLUB: PROFESSOR ZZZZOOOMM!!!

189 posts in this topic

So Reverse Flash (#139) gets hot due to the TV series appearance? Any other reason? Or is the original Flash run just lacking keys and this book is here to stay? I just don't get it.

I may be biased, because I've always liked the villain and the book, but if I had to guess I'd say that it is a bit of both. I think the book got some much deserved attention due to the TV show, but it was an underappreciated key in the run to begin with. And I doubt that the current prices are sustainable, but I do think that after all is said and done that the prices will definitely have reset to a higher level after the TV hype has passed it by.

Thanks. I just see so many books of villain keys on the climb such as Batman 121 and think wow this book is getting big money for a villain.

The 9.6 Western Penn 139 sold for 8365 way before there ever was any mention of a Flash TV show.

So Reverse Flash (#139) gets hot due to the TV series appearance? Any other reason? Or is the original Flash run just lacking keys and this book is here to stay? I just don't get it.

I may be biased, because I've always liked the villain and the book, but if I had to guess I'd say that it is a bit of both. I think the book got some much deserved attention due to the TV show, but it was an underappreciated key in the run to begin with. And I doubt that the current prices are sustainable, but I do think that after all is said and done that the prices will definitely have reset to a higher level after the TV hype has passed it by.

Thanks. I just see so many books of villain keys on the climb such as Batman 121 and think wow this book is getting big money for a villain.

The 9.6 Western Penn 139 sold for 8365 way before there ever was any mention of a Flash TV show.

I was thinking the same thing before I entered my reply buddy. That sale was way back in 2006! (thumbs u

I was thinking the same thing before I entered my reply buddy. That sale was way back in 2006! (thumbs u

Would a 2006 sale have been affected by the perception of scarcity with a thin census? Of course we all know this book is super tough in grade, but the selling climate for HG was very different in 2006 and many books have declined considerably since those days. Still, with that 9.4 selling for $6,000 on Heritage recently what would that book sell for today?

Would a 2006 sale have been affected by the perception of scarcity with a thin census? Of course we all know this book is super tough in grade, but the selling climate for HG was very different in 2006 and many books have declined considerably since those days. Still, with that 9.4 selling for $6,000 on Heritage recently what would that book sell for today?

The 2 9.6 copies may probably sell for 5 figures easily. 2c

The 2 9.6 copies may probably would sell for 5 figures easily. 2c

Adjusted that slightly.

The 2 9.6 copies may probably would sell for 5 figures easily. 2c

Adjusted that slightly.

lol No problem my friend! I just wanted to take the liberal approach, but I do believe they would as well. ;)

I sold a 9.0 or 9.2 copy in 2008 or 2009 when prices started to drop a bit on early SA Flash due to increased supply or books. :censored:

Last year I was thinking it would be a good time to buy a nice HG copy again before the TV show, but never got around to it. At least I was able to snag this copy as a raw VG/FN just before the price jump:

cgcFlash%20139%20001_zpswxms9jgy.jpg

I sold a 9.0 or 9.2 copy in 2008 or 2009 when prices started to drop a bit on early SA Flash due to increased supply or books. :censored:

Last year I was thinking it would be a good time to buy a nice HG copy again before the TV show, but never got around to it. At least I was able to snag this copy as a raw VG/FN just before the price jump:

cgcFlash%20139%20001_zpswxms9jgy.jpg

lol It has been long overdue for WB/DC to start making big screen movies for properties other than Batman & Superman. :applause:

The Flash is a major player with a rogues gallery only surpassed by Bats, so his franchise if done right can catapult his popularity into the aforementioned heroes arena. As we have seen with the success of the TV show. (thumbs u 2c

Great copy and welcome to the club! :applause: