• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM #1- Test Your Skill - Book is slabbed - See Page 5 for Better pic

72 posts in this topic

Your sharper pics have made me lower my grade by quite a bit.

Now I am 4.5/5.0. If I had a phaser to my head, 5.0!

Brilliant colors though. I am also basing this on what I think are

creases or lines in the upper left.

BAM!!! A few of us had 5.0!

Nice job you graders!

That's a really nice book in 5.0. I think the book has a 'shot' at a 5.5. The bottom corner on the BC looks like a press can help, however, make sure you send it to someone reputable. A bad press could pull on those chips.

I would NOT get it signed, personal preference.

I don't think his copy is any close to the 2 samples that you show. There are multiple long creases on the front cover, looking at over 1 to 2 inches long for each crease, plus dirty line/crease & big dent on back cover.

At the theatre watching Captain America. Will review my book with the scans of the 7.0. I don't have the grader notes. I guess I could get them. I think it's worth a regrade and a press. I'm starting to think I got bamboozled. If I would press it I would use Joe

I don't think his copy is any close to the 2 samples that you show. There are multiple long creases on the front cover, looking at over 1 to 2 inches long for each crease, plus dirty line/crease & big dent on back cover.

Not sure I can agree with your statement.

Copy #1 has a dust shadow on the lower edge of the front cover

Copy #2 has a CB crease on the lower edge of the front cover RHS

I think the rest of the books are comparable and that the apparent scratches on Diaolos' book equates to these defects.

I don't think the crease on the LLHC of the back cover accounts for any further grade deduction IMHO!

Not sure I can agree with your statement.

Copy #1 has a dust shadow on the lower edge of the front cover

Copy #2 has a CB crease on the lower edge of the front cover RHS

I think the rest of the books are comparable and that the apparent scratches on Diaolos' book equates to these defects.

I don't think the crease on the LLHC of the back cover accounts for any further grade deduction IMHO!

Hard to say without a better image to compare, but the 5.0 looks to have at least one sizable color breaking crease. I don't think either o those 7.0s are quite worthy of the grade, the top copy has fairly minor chipping and comes closest. The bottom one looks very bright and clean, but the chipping is worse, and I wouldn't give a book with that much of the cover missing a 6.0, no matter how it got there.

how do you guys get such nice pics up of CGC books. My are in comparison.

I think I should just send it in for a regrade and a nice press by Joe. I am sur eby fixing the crease in the back will help a tone.