• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Orginal Art

24 posts in this topic

Hey guys! Does anyone here have orginal art of any golden age comics? Also what would you guys be willing to pay to get some? I know most of it was destroyed, shredded, or faced a very quick demise pre-1970. I was just thinking about it and wondered! :grin: Thanks!

I love the large twice up pages I see at conventions. But, I never see anything I connect with. So, I still have yet to purchase my first GA OA. I don't really seek it out online, but I do browse the auction houses.

Prices for panel pages run from a few hundred and up. Then, there was the recent sale of an Action cover....

Hey guys! Does anyone here have orginal art of any golden age comics? Also what would you guys be willing to pay to get some? I know most of it was destroyed, shredded, or faced a very quick demise pre-1970. I was just thinking about it and wondered! :grin: Thanks!

It can be found relatively commonly and often fairly cheap. As with anything else, prices will vary depending on desirability. You can find FH pages from Wambi or backup stories for under $100. The cover to Action 15, on the other hand...

I have some random OA around. 6 hanging in my home office and 2 in my work office. Nothing to boast about: 3 FH pages, 1 Dell and 2 Straight Arrow daily strips at home and 2 Toby (a two-page fact story) in the office. I like to look around when I have time to add more but that rarely happens any more.

Heritage Auction archives contain images and prices for thousands of pieces of Golden Age original art including Schomburg and Baker. Lots more can be seen on the Comic Art Fans Forum (via the link in jbcomicbox's post).

Just a request, anyone have any Captain Science original art?

It is what I collect, so just curious

5386392148_5539aee150_z.jpg

I would like to see the original art for this Wood and Orlando cover. :headbang: