• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free legal scanner

16 posts in this topic

If you find yourself needing a scan of a comic book in a CGC slab but you don't own a nice legal sized scanner or find yourself out of the office, here is a cool Iphone app which you will find very useful. Genius Scan by The Grizzly Labs is a free PDF scanner app for Iphones.

I placed this book on my bed, opened the Genius Scan app, and took a picture of the book. The app makes a decent PDF scan and automatically sizes the picture, or you can resize manually if you want. I emailed the scan to my computer, saved it as a jpeg, uploaded it to photobucket, and can post it here.

The quality oviously isn't as good as a scan from my trusty HP 8300 but the scan seems quite serviceable. If I played with the lighting, I am sure that I could improve the image quite a bit. Still for a first-try picture, it is pretty cool, especially for free, so I thought that I would share.

88664050-0bf6-4f59-a628-ad9f4b1766ab_zpsc943c422.jpg

Dont dis the wood god . I hear hes always up for battle especially in the morning.

Woodgod looks half horse and half peter parker

Watch he will be the next marvel movie and probally still be awesome.

Thanks fo the App tip

Keith Giffen back in his "draw like Jack Kirby" days. I really liked his run of Iron Man covers that he did during this time.

At the price of free it's certainly something worth trying. But the resulting image here is pretty soft. It's very difficult for instance to read the text on the CGC label - something that wouldn't be a problem on a proper scanner.

Still, a worth while tip for those without the type of scanner needed for a slab. Thanks for posting it up.

Keith Giffen back in his "draw like Jack Kirby" days.

[font:Book Antiqua]He is doing it again

for me he is such a disappointment artist...

Always "borrowing" inspiration for everyone else

always late, never finishing a project...

Note: The cover for Marvel Premiere is really Kirby with inks by Sinnotti.

Keith do the interior art...

[/font]

omac_cv1_02_zps9dc2c302.jpg