• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade...FF style

16 posts in this topic

Guess the grade.

It will be submitted soon.

What's your guess? confused-smiley-013.gif

One small stress that breaks color at the bottom of the top staple. The rest is as you see it in the scan.

ff100f.jpg

ff100b.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

At least an 8.5 me-thinks, with an outside chance of a 9.0, depending on how much "surface-wear" there is. (Upper and Lower right side)

No surface wear. No blemishes. Not even a single nutsack dent.

The corners are sharp, aside from the lower left which has a tiny bindery tear.

The lower right edge of the front cover has a very light scuff. It doesn't effect the front cover surface, just the edge of the paper.

8.0 sumo.gif

Lt spine creasing; miscut at top edge and LLFC; Lt surface wear URFC; softness to LRFC; slight play at lower staple?

I'd have to see it to go higher . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The stress is light. The scan makes them look worse than they are. Only one of those breaks color.

No surface wear in the upper right corner. It's the scan.

The lower right corner is razor sharp.

No play on the staple. They are both tight.

flowerred.gif

8.0 sumo.gif

Lt spine creasing; miscut at top edge and LLFC; Lt surface wear URFC; softness to LRFC; slight play at lower staple?

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The stress is light. The scan makes them look worse than they are. Only one of those breaks color.

No surface wear in the upper right corner. It's the scan.

The lower right corner is razor sharp.

No play on the staple. They are both tight.

flowerred.gif

9.0 sumo.gifflowerred.gif

A book in hand is worth two in the bush 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

I dont know what the hell people are seeing to bring this book down to a VF confused-smiley-013.gif

but

I think its more towards a VF/NM minumum. It looks like it has a little color fade in URC in the black, definately miswrapped but still should grade at a 9.0 thumbsup2.gif

I dont know what the hell people are seeing to bring this book down to a VF confused-smiley-013.gif

but

I think its more towards a VF/NM minumum. It looks like it has a little color fade in URC in the black, definately miswrapped but still should grade at a 9.0 thumbsup2.gif

Niko,

Well, these were my thoughts from the scan, before Dice's reply:

hi.gif

The bent overflash at the top, the small and light crease on the urc pulls it down.

There is no bent overflash. It's a spritz of distributor spray that creates the illusion.

No crease in the URC. gossip.gif

At least an 8.5 me-thinks, with an outside chance of a 9.0, depending on how much "surface-wear" there is. (Upper and Lower right side)

No surface wear. No blemishes. Not even a single nutsack dent.

The corners are sharp, aside from the lower left which has a tiny bindery tear.

The lower right edge of the front cover has a very light scuff. It doesn't effect the front cover surface, just the edge of the paper.

Well in that case, I'm gonna' go 9.2 at least. This is much nicer than any 8.0 I've seen.