• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saw Amazing SpiderMan 2

415 posts in this topic

It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either, was way too long and Spider-man was cracking way to many jokes, Harry reminded me of Edward Furlong, the Easter Egg should have been a cut down of the last 5 mins rather than a advert for a film that has nothing to do with this series

Waaay too much teenage angst in 1st one. Sounds like this might be rinse repeat.

Spidey and teenage angst - noooooo. Stan and Steve will surely be spitting feathers.

I think there is a huge difference between the teen angst Lee and Ditko portrayed, and what they've done with the films.

First, Peter had real life problems in the early run. He struggled to make money, take care of Aunt May, and live a dual life. I know not all of it was realistic, but there were things EVERYONE could relate too. I couldn't relate to being a skater punk. You also have to remember that Peter was done with high school within the first 30 issues of ASM.

My second huge gripe was the way Peter treated Aunt May and Uncle Ben. I get that kids don't always get along with their parents/parental figures, but Peter was just disrespectful in the movie. That is a new age thing that has become more acceptable. I'm not all that old, but I would have feared God if I talked to my parents the way Peter in the film treated Uncle Ben.

Just my 2c

My feelings exactly. :golfclap:

I didn't get that impression from the first movie. Sure, he rode a skateboard. Doesn't make him a skate punk. He's valedictorian of his high school...not exactly the skate punk image I get when I think of those types of kids.

And with respect to how he treated his Aunt and Uncle...this version was different because Peter's parents are mentioned as dead and it appears his Aunt and Uncle know more than they are letting on.

The kid is frustrated, confused, has new powers, school and bully issues....and his parents are dead and uncle ben is dead? I can see being a bit rude to your family as a teenager.

I get it and this is not the ASM of the comics. In the first 30 issues of the comics they don't say Peter is dealing with the Death of his parents and all that type of angst that goes with that type of loss.

Just my feelings.

Waaay too much teenage angst in 1st one. Sounds like this might be rinse repeat.

Spidey and teenage angst - noooooo. Stan and Steve will surely be spitting feathers.

I think there is a huge difference between the teen angst Lee and Ditko portrayed, and what they've done with the films.

First, Peter had real life problems in the early run. He struggled to make money, take care of Aunt May, and live a dual life. I know not all of it was realistic, but there were things EVERYONE could relate too. I couldn't relate to being a skater punk. You also have to remember that Peter was done with high school within the first 30 issues of ASM.

My second huge gripe was the way Peter treated Aunt May and Uncle Ben. I get that kids don't always get along with their parents/parental figures, but Peter was just disrespectful in the movie. That is a new age thing that has become more acceptable. I'm not all that old, but I would have feared God if I talked to my parents the way Peter in the film treated Uncle Ben.

Just my 2c

I didn't get that impression from the first movie. Sure, he rode a skateboard. Doesn't make him a skate punk. He's valedictorian of his high school...not exactly the skate punk image I get when I think of those types of kids.

And with respect to how he treated his Aunt and Uncle...this version was different because Peter's parents are mentioned as dead and it appears his Aunt and Uncle know more than they are letting on.

The kid is frustrated, confused, has new powers, school and bully issues....and his parents are dead and uncle ben is dead? I can see being a bit rude to your family as a teenager.

I get it and this is not the ASM of the comics. In the first 30 issues of the comics they don't say Peter is dealing with the Death of his parents and all that type of angst that goes with that type of loss.

Just my feelings.

I agree. I think you've really discussed both sides of the coin here.

Just my 2c

Just my feelings.

Did they say that in the movie?

from deadline.com

The big news this weekend will be overseas as The Amazing Spider-Man 2 continues its swing across Europe. Amazing Spider-Man 2The sequel bowed mid-week yesterday in 15 territories, including the UK, Germany, Spain, Mexico and Belgium (to name a few) to fantastic ticket sales. The picture needs to make more than the first all in, which was $750.2M worldwide, to start showing some return on its hefty investment — $255M negative and about $180M-$190M in marketing. Spidey 2 opens here in two weeks, on May 2, and between domestic and international it’s going to have to reach that number. The last Amazing Spider-Man made $262M domestic and $490.1M internationally.

I love the fact that our movies get shown around the world for weeks before they ever get to theaters here. This has been going on for a few years now and it shows our neighborly support of all third world countries and how we love to sacrifice and put them before our own needs.

I love the fact that our movies get shown around the world for weeks before they ever get to theaters here. This has been going on for a few years now and it shows our neighborly support of all third world countries and how we love to sacrifice and put them before our own needs.

That and the fact that other countries don't seem to care much about movie piracy.

from deadline.com

The big news this weekend will be overseas as The Amazing Spider-Man 2 continues its swing across Europe. Amazing Spider-Man 2The sequel bowed mid-week yesterday in 15 territories, including the UK, Germany, Spain, Mexico and Belgium (to name a few) to fantastic ticket sales. The picture needs to make more than the first all in, which was $750.2M worldwide, to start showing some return on its hefty investment — $255M negative and about $180M-$190M in marketing. Spidey 2 opens here in two weeks, on May 2, and between domestic and international it’s going to have to reach that number. The last Amazing Spider-Man made $262M domestic and $490.1M internationally.

Sony Reportedly Aiming For $1 Billion Worldwide Box Office For 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'

Not saying I agree with their target. But it does appear that The Avengers has set the bar high for all other movies, financially.

The first "The Amazing Spider-Man" wasn't the kind of reboot Sony likely wanted. It earned less than any of the Sam Raimi films, and at the domestic box office, the $262 million haul paled in comparison to the $490 million the movie earned overseas (it made up for 65% of the total gross of $752 million). Moreover, reviews were mixed, and for the sequel, they are arguably even worse (read our assessment), but at the end of the day (sorry critics) that kind of doesn't matter. Right now, the film is tracking for an opening weekend that could top $100 million, a massive improvement over the $62 million debut weekend of the first film. If the overseas numbers follow suit, $1 billion isn't out of the question.

I think Sony is hoping for a smurfs situation where the do better overseas then domestically. The one thing going for the movie is that it has a one week breather, since the 9th doesn't have any monster movies coming out. However by the time you get to the 16th its sunk, new Godzilla (which looks amazing) and X-Men... Even if it picks up 100 million in opening weekend (doubt that number, even Cap 2 didn't get that and it had fantastic reviews, Avengers Buzz, and the Marvel Machine) it will have a 50-60 % drop next week and then more or less peter out, can't see it picking up more than 300 million total, and will be surprised if it gets that high.

from deadline.com

Sony Reportedly Aiming For $1 Billion Worldwide Box Office For 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'

Not saying I agree with their target. But it does appear that The Avengers has set the bar high for all other movies, financially.

The first "The Amazing Spider-Man" wasn't the kind of reboot Sony likely wanted. It earned less than any of the Sam Raimi films, and at the domestic box office, the $262 million haul paled in comparison to the $490 million the movie earned overseas (it made up for 65% of the total gross of $752 million). Moreover, reviews were mixed, and for the sequel, they are arguably even worse (read our assessment), but at the end of the day (sorry critics) that kind of doesn't matter. Right now, the film is tracking for an opening weekend that could top $100 million, a massive improvement over the $62 million debut weekend of the first film. If the overseas numbers follow suit, $1 billion isn't out of the question.

with $450mm total costs, they'd better pray it does something close to $1bb.

I still don't understand why they do that.

Can anybody tell me how I can get a job at a movie studio. I want to write scripts. Looks like an easy job as they seem to put even the biggest on screen. Don't know if I would be any good, but for sure I can do better then what I just saw...

i dunno, some of those positive reviews were pretty negative

It's always like that on RT with big budget movies - they post and quote scathing reviews, yet put them in the positive section to artificially build the hype.

Can anybody tell me how I can get a job at a movie studio. I want to write scripts.

First off, ask your parents if either of them are the head of a major studio.

if no, then ask them if any of their siblings are the head of major studios.

if no, then ask your parents of they have any relatives who hold any positions of power at the major studios.

if no, seek other employment opportunities.