• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book programs

20 posts in this topic

Does anybody have any recommendations on programs/software to keep track of collections from raw's to graded books?

I have downloaded Comic Collector Live and seems like a pretty good software that shows the covers available in their database but tracking your own collection isn't all that great on this program.

Any other programs out there?

Thanks

Saw that as well. It's free but up to 500 books and the yearly fee is quite expensive. I read somewhere they have a bar code scanner option.

They do have a bar code scanner and it makes entering current books real easy. Books from the 70s and 80s reused bar codes so you get a list asking which book do you want.

If you do go for this setup get a scanner from amazon, it's cheaper than what they offer.

I use Collectorz Comic Collector. I find it a little better than ComicBase and you don't have to renew it every year.

+1

They have a scanner thingy as well. Not that I know how to use it but it looks cool sitting on my desk.

Thanks guys.

I end up deciding to go with Collectorz and paid my $45 :D

Now need to start scanning and uploading books.

I noticed for the pictures, I can link them to my google photos which is pretty darn awesome rather than keeping my scans on my laptop or pc.

Will have to dish out $9 for the iOS app for my phone soon.

For those that use Collectorz, can I use any usb upc scanner instead of buying theirs that they sell?

I figure I can figuring it's a usb but not too sure if their software was only written for the scanners they sell.

So far I'm loving their software, I decided to shell out $45 for the full version and been playing around with the software.

There's always Excel.

lol I was using excel for my CGC books but it wasn't comprehensive enough. I was thinking about my raws and that would make me go crazy.

Was going to learn Access but man why bother lol

For those that use Collectorz, can I use any usb upc scanner instead of buying theirs that they sell?

I figure I can figuring it's a usb but not too sure if their software was only written for the scanners they sell.

So far I'm loving their software, I decided to shell out $45 for the full version and been playing around with the software.

I would think so, a scanner is a scanner. I just now went to Tools - Find Scanner and got this message:

"Scanner not detected. If your scanner is a keyboard emulator/HID Device it will work anyway. Just put the cursor in the bar code box and scan."

Also, you can use the iphone/android app to scan in books too. Plus it comes in REALLY handy at the LCS when you are trying to remember if you have a certain issue or not!