• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first real score - 4 short box buy

40 posts in this topic

Had a good score - pretty sure anyway------

Lots of random books from 50s to 70s, Mostly silver and bronze.

Ended up being 4 short boxes (no bags or boards) - about 1/2 box archies, 1 box dell/harvey cartoon items, 1/2 box marvel and 2 boxes DC

Nothing earth shattering - but some really good books. Older ones show more wear - 2.0 to 4.0 and the later silver and bronze get really good.

A couple of 90s books - but they look to be passable - best one is a Flash 92 in nm or better (really clean book)

just got through my initial look at them all - gonna be a really fun time bagging an boarding.....

By any chance were you at an estate sale at 5:00 am?

Nope - was a craigslist find.

What I have seen in my area - estate sale prices are absurd

(but have only been to 3 locally)

The whole thing - not any killer life changing books - but a lot of stuff like this -

no action 1 - but a Supergirl 1

IMG_1489.jpg

Also in there - a Shazam 1 and Demon 1

ASM Death of Capt Stacey

one of my faves here -

IMG_1488.jpg

wow, quite the haul for a DC fan. Congrats, hope you made a killing without killing anyone.

The marvels are good too - the pics were from the first box unloaded. Have not even really begun to inventory them.

Even the Archies are good - 12c and 15c books in really good shape. I would usually not go near them - but since they were part of the set....They will be good ebay fodder for me to help pay for the rest of the set.

Some of the dell gold key stuff too that will require research. There was one interesting golden age one in there that I could not find in OPG. Was a "code" comic - but looked to be a promotional from a shoe store chain. In great shape and may be the dark horse in the race for best book.

Gonna be a long day - as I have to referee a couple of matches and barbeque for family later... not a lot of time to think about books.

the ASM 90 is just screaming for a sig series - hope is is in as good of condition as I remember.

:applause:

What did you pay, can I ask?

-slym

I have got to add up the quantity - but in the range of $1 to $2 a book

I was sorting and lookign up many last night. Crazy - even one that was a really wrecked golden age has value. 1.0 book - but the OPG for a 2.0 was like 60

Only lower tier books seemed to be a Dennis the Menace lot from the early 70s. Like the archie books and the cartoon stuff - will become ebay sales (or listed here). Rough estimate - I think I could pay for the set with just those (using like 50% of overstreet as a price point).

It was strange to see some moderns in there - (especially with no bronze) - but even those are not dogs. Flash 92 in NM or better condition - better than my copy which was bagged and boarded for 20 years.

There was one interesting golden age one in there that I could not find in OPG. Was a "code" comic - but looked to be a promotional from a shoe store chain. In great shape and may be the dark horse in the race for best book.

There is a section in the very front of the OS called "Promotionals."

Look at the black tab of the outside edge of every page. It will be there.